There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Hopper:
So much for getting a top 10 pick. sigh

Yep. Looks unlikely now. Giants cant even tank right. To me, this makes it even more likely that they will make a move on Abreu and not go after a player that they will have to give up their #1 pick as it wont be top 10 protected.

Once Pagan came back, we were destined to play better and f**k up the tank. I think people see how valuable he is now to our lineup. Dude is explosive. Doesnt have the best OPS, but he is explosive. Also a lot better CF than adverstised while in NY.

The Hunter Pence salary drive didnt help either.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,806
Hunter Pence 16.5

BOOK

DAT

SHIET
Romo and Casilla heard you guys say "they cant even tank right".
Originally posted by Niners99:
Romo and Casilla heard you guys say "they cant even tank right".

Romo is a great team player. Matt Cain isnt happy with him though.
Hate when this happens because I'm not sure how to feel about it. Was happy that they were winning, then got a little excited that we might actually lose and even found myself silently rooting for the Mets to score....it's a total mind-f**k for me right now.
nice Dbacks vs Dodger fans chant war going on.

If the dodgers win , they clinch.

That hurt my heart last night. Probably Cain's also.
Adrianza getting the start today
One thing the Giants need next year is a return to greatness from Buster Posey. His numbers are way down in BA, OBA, Slugging, HRs, RBI, and really everything. What hurt too is his performance with runners in scoring posiition... just a .287 batting average and ZERO homeruns.

It has been an off year for Buster and for the Giants to be real contenders he has to be great.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
One thing the Giants need next year is a return to greatness from Buster Posey. His numbers are way down in BA, OBA, Slugging, HRs, RBI, and really everything. What hurt too is his performance with runners in scoring posiition... just a .287 batting average and ZERO homeruns.

It has been an off year for Buster and for the Giants to be real contenders he has to be great.

If .300, 15 bombs and 75 RBI is an off year for Buster, that speaks volumes about how good he is. But yeah I agree.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,806
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
One thing the Giants need next year is a return to greatness from Buster Posey. His numbers are way down in BA, OBA, Slugging, HRs, RBI, and really everything. What hurt too is his performance with runners in scoring posiition... just a .287 batting average and ZERO homeruns.

It has been an off year for Buster and for the Giants to be real contenders he has to be great.
I agree John.
I'm glad someone brought this up.
Average year for Posey. But his average year is still pretty darn good.

What I'd like to see for next year.

Vogey is 50/50 to return.
I think Gaudin is our #5 and Petit our swingman.

Bum
Cain
Lincy
Free - Agent (Tanaka ideally)
Gaudin

We just need continued improvement form Lincecum and a better year from Cain and Bumgarner to keep being the ace.
Bullpen Wise - I think we are okay here but I think Hembree solidifies us.

Romo CL
Casilla SU
Affeldt 7th
Lopez
Mijares
Petit
Rosario
Hembree

Lineup - Pretty clear we need a LF
Pagan CF
Scutaro 2B
Belt 1B
Posey C
Pence RF
Pablo 3B
Free-Agent LF
Crawford SS

Bench
Sanchez
Pill
Blanco

Not much changes. Maybe instead of Pill you add a veteran bat from bench depth.
We just need to stay healthy and get better performances from our rotation.
[ Edited by Garcia on Sep 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM ]
I think the Angels or Yanks are going to spend big on Tanaka and the Giants wont have a shot at him. Both those teams have big pockets and huge starting pitching needs.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think the Angels or Yanks are going to spend big on Tanaka and the Giants wont have a shot at him. Both those teams have big pockets and huge starting pitching needs.

Exactly. They would be silly if they didnt.
missing the game but i hear Perez is playing well and Bumgarner is dealing.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
missing the game but i hear Perez is playing well and Bumgarner is dealing.

Bum is pitching well but that Mets lineup is pretty awful.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com