There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
looks like Sabes and Alou were scouting Jose Abreu. according to Baggs, he'll be getting a bigger contract than Puig's.

I hope we sign him and move Belt to LF. This team needs some power.

1) Pagan CF
2) Scutaro 2b
3) Belt LF
4) Posey c
5) Panda 3b
6) Pence rf
7) Abreu 1b
8) Crawford ss

I know it would weaken the team some on defense but the Giants need to get punch and their is so little out there in free agency.

Yea man. I'm thinking we sign both Abreu and Tanaka, and hopefully extend Pence.
looks like Sabes and Alou were scouting Jose Abreu. according to Baggs, he'll be getting a bigger contract than Puig's.

1) Pagan CF
2) Scutaro 2b
3) Belt LF
4) Posey c
5) Panda 3b
6) Pence rf
7) Abreu 1b
8) Crawford ss

I know it would weaken the team some on defense but the Giants need to get punch and their is so little out there in free agency.

I would hate to see that happen though. Its very obvious that Brandon Belt is not meant to be an OFer. Hes just not built for it. He'd probably be one of the biggest defensive liabilities in the game out there, and I could imagine it would screw with his development as an overall player. Having to learn how to be a full time LF is going to take his mind off hitting.

Obviously if you have a chance to get a Puig type impact player for under 50 mil. you have to do it, but it will effect Belt. It almost might be better to try and move Abreu to LF. If both are going to be totally inept on defense, you might as well keep Belt at 1B where he provides GG caliber defense, and wouldnt have to be splitting time mentally with a new routine.

I think Belt is well on his way to becoming an all-star caliber player, but he just needs to be left alone at 1B with more full time AB's. Dont screw with the process that has been working this year. He's taken some big steps forward.

The Giants will have to do what they have to do in the end to get him in the lineup, I just wish it wasnt at Belt's expense.
Originally posted by Niners99:

1) Pagan CF
2) Scutaro 2b
3) Belt LF
4) Posey c
5) Panda 3b
6) Pence rf
7) Abreu 1b
8) Crawford ss

I would hate to see that happen though. Its very obvious that Brandon Belt is not meant to be an OFer. Hes just not built for it. He'd probably be one of the biggest defensive liabilities in the game out there, and I could imagine it would screw with his development as an overall player. Having to learn how to be a full time LF is going to take his mind off hitting.

Obviously if you have a chance to get a Puig type impact player for under 50 mil. you have to do it, but it will effect Belt. It almost might be better to try and move Abreu to LF. If both are going to be totally inept on defense, you might as well keep Belt at 1B where he provides GG caliber defense, and wouldnt have to be splitting time mentally with a new routine.

I think Belt is well on his way to becoming an all-star caliber player, but he just needs to be left alone at 1B with more full time AB's. Dont screw with the process that has been working this year. He's taken some big steps forward.

The Giants will have to do what they have to do in the end to get him in the lineup, I just wish it wasnt at Belt's expense.

If Abreu could play LF then thats fine too. I just know the Giants need another big bat.

1) Pagan CF
2) Scutaro 2b
3) Belt LF
4) Posey c
5) Panda 3b
6) Pence rf
7) Abreu 1b
8) Crawford ss

If Abreu could play LF then thats fine too. I just know the Giants need another big bat.

From all the reports, Abreu isn't anywhere near the athlete Belt is, so I can see them putting Brandon in LF and Abreu at 1st if they sign him. I agree with 99 that Belt is on the verge of all-start status at 1st, but he's got the tools to play OF (good speed and a great arm) and I don't see that hindering his production at the plate.
I'm of the line that if someone is clomping around LF it should be Abreu. He's going to take some seasoning in the minors anyway so might as well have him get used to left.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

1) Pagan CF
2) Scutaro 2b
3) Belt LF
4) Posey c
5) Panda 3b
6) Pence rf
7) Abreu 1b
8) Crawford ss

From all the reports, Abreu isn't anywhere near the athlete Belt is, so I can see them putting Brandon in LF and Abreu at 1st if they sign him. I agree with 99 that Belt is on the verge of all-start status at 1st, but he's got the tools to play OF (good speed and a great arm) and I don't see that hindering his production at the plate.

i dont think Belt has good speed at all
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Anyone who has stolen 20 out of 26 has to have pretty good speed. He has enough speed to play LF
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Anyone who has stolen 20 out of 26 has to have pretty good speed. He has enough speed to play LF

i mean i guess, but that LF spot would be the only one for him available anyway...
Hunter Pence is 2 for 37 lifetime against Clayton Kershaw. 2 singles. Amazing
so we scored some runs against Kershaw.....

yup, he's on the decline.
any news on us scouting that japaneese pitcher? I want him more than Abreu. He would look gooooood slotted right behind Cain and Bum in the rotation.
So bum at his price or kershaw at what he is gonna cost... who you take?!
Pence with his 22nd homer last night. Not bad.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Pence with his 22nd homer last night. Not bad.

Got his average up to .290 too
Tanaka's numbers are unreal, would love to land this guy.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com