LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think 15 should be the number. 4/15 for 60 is the # I would like to see.

he will get moar

Unfortunately you're right.

I cannot tell you how many times belt crushes the ball that gets caught. He shkuld easily have 23 + hrs
Originally posted by boast:
it's not my money

Lol I was thinking the same thing
Fitz on knbr was ready to blow a blood vessel if they pay him $20 mil/yr.

15-16?

ok
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

15-16?

ok

I think everyone would or should blow a blood vessel if Pence gets 20M per year. He isnt worth that. Yes, he has been unbelievable the last couple of weeks and has had a nice year. But, he wasnt good at all last year and was downright awful in the playoffs. I seriously doubt he would have gotten 15 per year without this latest surge but it would be foolish to go overboard on him.

15-16?

ok

I think everyone would or should blow a blood vessel if Pence gets 20M per year. He isnt worth that. Yes, he has been unbelievable the last couple of weeks and has had a nice year. But, he wasnt good at all last year and was downright awful in the playoffs. I seriously doubt he would have gotten 15 per year without this latest surge but it would be foolish to go overboard on him.

lulz at thinking sabean would pay 20 million per year for pence

he will shell out at least 25 million

15-16?

ok

I'm in full agreement.

It was discussed that the m.o. for this gm/management is that for example they pay Pence 20 mil they'll skimp on a LF. Even though they have money coming out of their ears.

Not saying spend north of 200 mil, but they are going to have to adjust their mindset if they want to stay competitive with LA.

It's just the way it is. The Giants have very little in their farm system. Tack on another quarter for garlic fries or whatever.

But do it. Do it now.

The thing that worries me is Sabean's FA track record. Not so great.

15-16?

ok

Also, remember that Sabean has confirmed he'll extend a qualifying offer to Pence. Any team willing to pay Pence 20M annually must also give up a pick (assuming it's not protected). I'd honestly perfer the Giants let Pence walk, collect the sandwich pick and sign Choo to a long term deal or Cruz / Granderson / Hart / Morse to a proven it one year deal.

15-16?

ok

I'm in full agreement.

It was discussed that the m.o. for this gm/management is that for example they pay Pence 20 mil they'll skimp on a LF. Even though they have money coming out of their ears.

Not saying spend north of 200 mil, but they are going to have to adjust their mindset if they want to stay competitive with LA.

It's just the way it is. The Giants have very little in their farm system. Tack on another quarter for garlic fries or whatever.

But do it. Do it now.

The thing that worries me is Sabean's FA track record. Not so great.

I just wish I was Pence's agent and sitting across from Sabean. You just know Sabean will screw this up, panic, and overpay. He did it with Pagan, Huff, Scutaro, and Affeldt and tried to do it with Uribe and Timmy. His track record with other teams FA's is, as you say, not so great. That is being kind.

The Giants have some money to spend but not that much unless they dramatically increase the budget. Which I doubt happens. If they overpay Hunter they will not be players for Tanaka, Abreu, or anyone else of note.
70 wins!

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
70 wins!

• Hopper
  • Veteran
So much for getting a top 10 pick. sigh
Originally posted by Hopper:

Yep. Looks unlikely now. Giants cant even tank right. To me, this makes it even more likely that they will make a move on Abreu and not go after a player that they will have to give up their #1 pick as it wont be top 10 protected.

Yep. Looks unlikely now. Giants cant even tank right. To me, this makes it even more likely that they will make a move on Abreu and not go after a player that they will have to give up their #1 pick as it wont be top 10 protected.

Once Pagan came back, we were destined to play better and f**k up the tank. I think people see how valuable he is now to our lineup. Dude is explosive. Doesnt have the best OPS, but he is explosive. Also a lot better CF than adverstised while in NY.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Once Pagan came back, we were destined to play better and f**k up the tank. I think people see how valuable he is now to our lineup. Dude is explosive. Doesnt have the best OPS, but he is explosive. Also a lot better CF than adverstised while in NY.

The Hunter Pence salary drive didnt help either.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Hunter Pence 16.5

BOOK

DAT

SHIET
Share 49ersWebzone