2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Belt
Scoreboard says congrats LA.... f**k you
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Just giving the Dodgers a sneak peek into next year.

I hate to admit it, but they're going to be a power house for the foreseeable future. I just hope the G's can step up their game and their payroll (slightly) and rival the dodger's future success-ala yanks/redsox with the Giants playing the roll of the red sox. (the under dog)

Ownership has to open up their wallets if they want to compete with the dodgers, the dodgers have shown money isn't an option and will do anything to bring top tier talent. Either start scouting better or open up the damn check book, I can't stand hearing and seeing every winter some big name going to LA

The Giants HAVE opened up their wallets. They gave big money to Cain, Zito, Lincecum,Posey, Pagan, Scutaro, However, they are NEVER going to be able to spend as much money as the Dodgers and you might as well get used to the Dodgers being able to sign big name guys. Their TV deal has given them almost unlimited funds to spend.

The Giants need to spend their money wisely, go after international players, and not overpay for any aging vets. Hopefully they do bring back Pence but not at 18 million for 5 years thats for sure. If they are smart, get Pence at a reasonable deal, sign Abreu or Tanaka, get lucky with Petit or Gaudin next year, and Pablo gets his ass in shape.... well they can compete at least for a WC.
Hey Skeet... still want to make fun of me for wanting Ubaldo...

IN tough AL.. Since the AS break and in the playoff hunt Ubaldo has an ERA of 1.94 with 63Ks in 55 innings. Way better than your boy Timmy.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

IN tough AL.. Since the AS break and in the playoff hunt Ubaldo has an ERA of 1.94 with 63Ks in 55 innings. Way better than your boy Timmy.

Haha. Hes been awful since the trade. But nice. I like power pitchers. And I like that they are doing well.

Timmys arm, just like the giants bats, have been slowed by the weight of 2 championship rings.

Lol you know I love timmy. And I know you do too. Obviously he isn't the guy he was but still has value and is still a strikeout King when he can locate.

Dude is a perfect game away from a perfect career
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Haha. Hes been awful since the trade. But nice. I like power pitchers. And I like that they are doing well.

Timmys arm, just like the giants bats, have been slowed by the weight of 2 championship rings.

Lol you know I love timmy. And I know you do too. Obviously he isn't the guy he was but still has value and is still a strikeout King when he can locate.

Dude is a perfect game away from a perfect career

Love Timmy but its probably time to let him go if he wants more than the 1 year Qualifying Offer.
Congrats to Monell and Adrianza who both got their first big league knocks tonight and looked really comfortable at the plate doing it.
19 runs. Wtf. Belt had a weekends worth of hits in one night. And something is into Pence
Belt sucks, couldn't even go 6/6.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Who kept on saying that belt sucked? NAME NAMES!!!!!

Dave
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Dave

still banned, lolololol
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Dave

Not to mention Tony Starks who wanted to release him.
its always the 5th inning for vogey...
Share 49ersWebzone