LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Big game by Mac Williamson tonight in the California League Northern Divisional series going 3-5 with a HR, a double 2 runs scored and 2 RBI. Ricky Oropesa and Devin Harris also homered and Adalberto Mejia goes 6 IP allowing 2 runs on 9 hits against Visalia.

With Clayton Blackburn on the mound, San Jose can advance to the CL Championship Series with a win tomorrow night.

they won last year didnt they?

No, they lost in the divisional round. They won back to back in '09 and '10 but haven't won since.
GOOD GAME.

i shall be there tomorrow.
Don't mess up belt

Yeeeeeee
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Clutch
Now tank.
this team has been playing better as of late. This isn't a bad team; more like an underachieving team. I hope this good play will carry over to next year. I know most of you guys would want the team to take, but I rather see my team win...even if it costs us a few slots in the draft. And i am also aware of the ramifications of being a top ten draft slot and free agency....
That Belt kid, he good.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this team has been playing better as of late. This isn't a bad team; more like an underachieving team. I hope this good play will carry over to next year. I know most of you guys would want the team to take, but I rather see my team win...even if it costs us a few slots in the draft. And i am also aware of the ramifications of being a top ten draft slot and free agency....

Belt's rebirth and Pagan's return really stabilized things. If Panda comes into camp in good/great shape, and Belt continues his hitting ways, this lineup can do some damage next year.

Belt's rebirth and Pagan's return really stabilized things. If Panda comes into camp in good/great shape, and Belt continues his hitting ways, this lineup can do some damage next year.

Pagan means a good deal to our success. We were still right in the race when he got hurt. Since then it was crash and burn. Losing Vogelsong killed us as well, because we had no decent replacement. Pagan's injury proved how much we depend on a good leadoff hitter. These are great reasons to make Shin-Soo Choo and SP depth priorities in the offseason.

Originally posted by Niners99:

Pagan means a good deal to our success. We were still right in the race when he got hurt. Since then it was crash and burn. Losing Vogelsong killed us as well, because we had no decent replacement. Pagan's injury proved how much we depend on a good leadoff hitter. These are great reasons to make Shin-Soo Choo and SP depth priorities in the offseason.

When Pagan and Vogey got hurt we were in 1st place. (also lost Panda for a few). Once those two went down, we shot straight to the bottom. Coincidentally, we also had a record low production from our rotation of leadoff hitters during that stretch. (Blanco and Torres).
Belt has been a beast. Glad he's in the 3 hole.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Here's the question though: If we drop out of the top 10 in the draft and the Reds give Choo a qualifying offer (which they will), do we try to sign him? Say we're sitting at #12 (11th overall is guaranteed to Toronto), do we give up that relatively high pick for a veteran OF or do we go another route?

_timlincecum_311.jpg]
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Sep 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM ]
^^

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Sep 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone