There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Good article on Belt:

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/brandon-belt-the-first-baseman-youre-not-talking-about/

Wish all the haters were still here to eat crow.

Just wish he would've changed his grip sooner.

Yep. I really hope this 2nd half and his change at the plate can carry over to next year and get him to the next level. No reason why he shouldnt be a .290 hitter with 20+homers and 90 rbi.

If some people can get on base in front of him of course.
kKkkkk
.kkkk
ko
km ooohjolojjb bnokkoooooo
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
kKkkkk
.kkkk
ko
km ooohjolojjb bnokkoooooo

Exactly.
Absolute dominance by Kyle Crick in San Jose tonight. 7 IP, 2 hits, no walks and 11 Ks.
Absolute dominance by Kyle Crick in San Jose tonight. 7 IP, 2 hits, no walks and 11 Ks.

Oh damn

I will shoot Sabean myself if he ever trades this kid.

You'd have to beat me to it.
Williamson hit his 25th HR has been on base 4 times tonight (HR, 1 walk, 2 HBP). Mac's now hitting .296 with those 25 HRs and 85 RBI.
Williamson hit his 25th HR has been on base 4 times tonight (HR, 1 walk, 2 HBP). Mac's now hitting .296 with those 25 HRs and 85 RBI.

Kid is such a beast power-wise. If he can keep the K's down he may also be good.
Crick finishes the season 3-1 in 14 starts, a 1.57 ERA, 95 Ks, 39 walks and only 1 HR allowed in 68.1 innings pitched.

Kid is such a beast power-wise. If he can keep the K's down he may also be good.

Given the Giants lack of power throughout the organization Williamson could really rise up the ranks.

Something has really clicked with him lately. He has 11 hits, 0 Ks, 2 HRs and 5 walks in his last 6 games and just looks like a completely different hitter. Instead of swinging wildly, he's taking more pitches, fouling tough ones off and working the count much better. It's been night and day from earlier in the season. He was hitting around .270 about a month ago, but has just elevated his game to another level to where he might end up hitting .300+ and finishing up with a .900+ OPS.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM ]

Something has really clicked with him lately. He has 11 hits, 0 Ks, 2 HRs and 5 walks in his last 6 games and just looks like a completely different hitter. Instead of swinging wildly, he's taking more pitches, fouling tough ones off and working the count much better. It's been night and day from earlier in the season. He was hitting around .270 about a month ago, but has just elevated his game to another level to where he might end up hitting .300+ and finishing up with a .900+ OPS.

I wonder if they try and move him up quickly to Fresno debating on how he does in Richmond next year. Would be nice to have a toolsy OF with some power.

I wonder if they try and move him up quickly to Fresno debating on how he does in Richmond next year. Would be nice to have a toolsy OF with some power.

If he rakes in Richmond (which isn't easy to do), I could definitely see them promoting him to Fresno before next season is over. If all goes well, he could be in the mix for 2015, but a lot has to go right and the Eastern League is definitely make or break for him.

I wonder if his upside is higher than wheeler's? His numbers would say so.

I wonder if he'll be ranked in the top 100 next year?
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com