There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Getting hit in the face/breaking your cheekbone in the heat of a pennant race, and getting hit in the arm/contusion on a last place team in late August are two VERY different things. Thompson not only wanted to get back for psychological reasons, but he was a key player in 1993 and wanted to help his team win the NL West. They didn't even put Thompson on the DL, they just threw a football-looking helmet on him and ran him out there a week later after the incident, because there was a point to it.

Cain was placed on the 15 day DL for something that isn't really a big deal...that says a lot about what the front office wants to see happen here. IMO, even they recognize that there's no point to letting Cain pitch anymore this year.

So yah, Cain may WANT to come back, but this is a totally different situation compared to your RT example. Not even close.

Hey Ghost I think I've already asked you this before and I'm sorry for forgetting, but I'm headed to a Salem Volcanoes game tonight and I want to know who I should look out for?

Brian Ragira, Chase Johnson, and Daniel Slania are the guys that stand out to me.

Its short season, so alot of guys from this years draft. Vander Tuig, Bednar, Horan, etc.

Johnson pitched last night (and got rocked), but the guy going tonight (Pat Young) has only given up 3 ER in his 6 starts so he's definitely worth watching. Along with the guys 99 pointed out (especially Ragira and Horan), I'd add CF/lead-off hitter Tyler Hollick and the two middle infielders who lead the club in hitting, Blake Miller and Ryan Jones.

Ragira and Horan both looked pretty good (Ragira had a couple hits) and Young looked nearly unhittable. Eugene doesn't have a good lineup, but I don't think Young got hit hard once through 6 innings
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Are they still selling out? I'm not sure why they would.

People support their team in the good times and the bad.

they're probably selling out but people aren't going. I wonder if there will be a dip in season ticket demand for next year?

Maybe it's time to ante up and be a season ticket holder.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

they're probably selling out but people aren't going. I wonder if there will be a dip in season ticket demand for next year?

Maybe it's time to ante up and be a season ticket holder.

vogey has been doing well since he came back....
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
2 Wins in a Row

I forgot how it feels
  • jrg
  • Veteran
no1currs on this board no more, lol
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

huh.....russell wilson is a giants/lincecum fan, go fig....
edwin escobar, doe....
no1currs on this board no more, lol

Havent felt this way since.........2009.
edwin escobar, doe....

Seriously, he's like the 2nd or 3rd youngest starting pitcher in the Eastern League and he's dominating guys that are on average 2-4 years older than him (2.59 ERA, 48 Ks to only 11 BBs in 48.2 IP, 1.07 WHIP and a 2.23 FIP, tied for 4th best in the league).
edwin escobar, doe....

Seriously, he's like the 2nd or 3rd youngest starting pitcher in the Eastern League and he's dominating guys that are on average 2-4 years older than him (2.59 ERA, 48 Ks to only 11 BBs in 48.2 IP, 1.07 WHIP and a 2.23 FIP, tied for 4th best in the league).

Gotta hope he progresses next year so we can get him in the rotation quickly.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com