There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I'm sure Cain might've missed a start if these were meaningful games, but I'm 100% for sitting him down. He needs this rest.

agreed.
There is absolutely nothing to gain for Cain to pitch another inning this season. Give that arm a much needed rest.
Originally posted by boast:
I'm sure Cain might've missed a start if these were meaningful games, but I'm 100% for sitting him down. He needs this rest.

agreed.

This. Long seasons, big work horse over the years, playoffs. World Series, world baseball championships, and he looked gassed all year.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

agreed.

This. Long seasons, big work horse over the years, playoffs. World Series, world baseball championships, and he looked gassed all year.

And.. I dont have him in any fantasy leagues.. Shut him down!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

agreed.

I'm sure that was the deal breaker when Sabean and co. sat down to discuss it.
"LET'S GO TANKING!"
What pick would we have right now if the season ended?
What pick would we have right now if the season ended?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings
Crick 84 K's in 61 innings.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Cain is headed to the DL. You want him to return to pitch meaningless innings in September?

There's really no point.

You want the last pitch he threw to be a comebacker that nailed him? He isnt going to want to sit on that all offseason. Let him rehab, come back this year, set an innings limit and dont make him go 7.5 months between regular season starts over a forearm bruise.
Originally posted by SFrush:

39 walks, doe.

Cain is headed to the DL. You want him to return to pitch meaningless innings in September?

There's really no point.

You want the last pitch he threw to be a comebacker that nailed him? He isnt going to want to sit on that all offseason. Let him rehab, come back this year, set an innings limit and dont make him go 7.5 months between regular season starts over a forearm bruise.
Yep. We're lucky it was just a contusion.

There is nothing to gain for him returning this season.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

agreed.

I'm sure that was the deal breaker when Sabean and co. sat down to discuss it.

I wonder if the forearm bruise was worthy of a stint on the DL or if it was a convenient excuse to rest him for the remainder of the season, to be announced in 15 days.

There's really no point.

Not really a valid reason to let him pitch again. There's both the logistics of it and the reasoning behind it. Logistically, he won't be back until mid-September at the earliest (15 day DL and at least 2 rehab starts). He'd be building up his arm strength to pitch again only to shut it down a few weeks later in a year where we'll likely lose ~95 games.

I'm not seeing the logic.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by SFrush:

39 walks, doe.

Jesus Christ.

Stop

you are serious?

Holy f**k.

Dudes how young?

You are so negative