There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Oh.. one other thing. Kickham sucks too.

lolz....hard to argue otherwise. I still think he could be good down the road, but I'm probably in the minority there.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

lolz....hard to argue otherwise. I still think he could be good down the road, but I'm probably in the minority there.

I just think the Giants have SO many young pitchers with bigger upside. Too bad that most of them are 2+ years away from being ready.
Originally posted by jrg:
Sweep the Pirates....please?

pshh, you wish.

i'm with you on that, ghost.

I'll be there Saturday crying into my beer.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I'll be there Saturday crying into my beer.

http://https

I just think the Giants have SO many young pitchers with bigger upside. Too bad that most of them are 2+ years away from being ready.

Yah, we have at least 10 starter prospects that project higher and/or have performed better than Kickham (Crick, Escobar, Stratton, Agosta, Blackburn, Blach, Mejia, Flores, Gregorio and Chase Johnson) but you're right, they're all a few years away (except Escobar who we might see as early as next year). Could be that our SP prospects are deep or Kickham's bar is just that low.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM ]
The Giants should just start Kickham and Zito every 5th day from now on and sit Bumgarner and Cain for the rest of the year. ITS TANK TIME!
The Giants should just start Kickham and Zito every 5th day from now on and sit Bumgarner and Cain for the rest of the year. ITS TANK TIME!

lol that might be good for the Giants, but theres no way Bumgarner or Cain are fine with that. Its also a poor use of money. We'd be paying them big bucks to sit, and the ticket sales would drop off.

This team will be able to tank without benching anyone unfortunately.
Originally posted by Niners99:

lol that might be good for the Giants, but theres no way Bumgarner or Cain are fine with that. Its also a poor use of money. We'd be paying them big bucks to sit, and the ticket sales would drop off.

I was kidding. Obviously that would never happen.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Then again it could be the difference between getting the #5 pick in next years draft and the #12 pick in next years draft. The Giants have a better shot at getting a blue chip talent drafting 5th overall over drafting 12th overall.

I would wait until September 1st before doing what Ninerjohn is suggesting so we could have more bullpen arms when the roster expands to 40.
We should definitely go to a 6-man rotation in September: MadBum, Cain, Timmy, Surkamp, Vogey and Kickham. Not that the lefties deserve the starts, but more so to give our top guys the extra days rest down the meaningless stretch.
Could Posey end up playing 3B in the future? I know there are a lot of things that have to happen before this, but it is interesting.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/giants/buster-posey-third-base-it-could-happen
I'm all for giving Cain and Bum rest. I think fatigue is why each of them struggled in the postseason last year, and eventually Cain this year. I doubt anyone here read it, but I wrote an article for B/R suggesting that we move to a 6-man rotation/spot starter at the beginning of the year mostly because of all the innings Cain and Bum have accumulated over the past 3 years. They're both always towards the top of the league in IP, plus add on 6 series of grueling playoff pitching. They need to rest before the Cain of 2013 starts becoming a trend.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com