There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Torres, lol

Damn, just when you think he can't get any worse. It was a tough play anyways, but he was tripping and falling before he dove
That's Hector. 2-3 RBI and a dub
That was one weird and ugly game.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
That was one weird and ugly game.

Whole series was like that. Two bad teams battling lol
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

He lost us the game though. Horrible, horrible defense. Posey and Bumgarner were on such a roll, I totally disagree with giving Posey a 2nd day off in 3 days. Sanchez's D was a glaring factor in this one.
Originally posted by Niners99:

He lost us the game though. Horrible, horrible defense. Posey and Bumgarner were on such a roll, I totally disagree with giving Posey a 2nd day off in 3 days. Sanchez's D was a glaring factor in this one.

2 main reasons besides the obvious (season is lost already) for giving Posey a 2nd day off:

1.) Buster's been taking a lot of shots on this road trip (needed time away from the plate)
2.) They're clearly trying to develop Sanchez to be the main backup; having him make those bonehead plays are part of the development process

Wins/losses are less important right now. Minimizing the toll on your MVP catcher and giving young guys playing time (even if they eff up like Sanchez did) in this meaningless part of the season is the smarter play.
We aren't going anywhere this season. Why not rest Posey a little more.
[ Edited by Hopper on Aug 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

2 main reasons besides the obvious (season is lost already) for giving Posey a 2nd day off:

1.) Buster's been taking a lot of shots on this road trip (needed time away from the plate)
2.) They're clearly trying to develop Sanchez to be the main backup; having him make those bonehead plays are part of the development process

Wins/losses are less important right now. Minimizing the toll on your MVP catcher and giving young guys playing time (even if they eff up like Sanchez did) in this meaningless part of the season is the smarter play.

I totally agree with and understand those reasons, BUT, Madison Bumgarner is having a career year. Dont hang him out to dry with a catcher thats going to cost him a win, and runs on his era. I just think it was the wrong day to give Sanchez more work. Bumgarner and Posey have been working together since single A ball in San Jose. Just avoid screwing with their routine.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Aug 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I totally agree with and understand those reasons, BUT, Madison Bumgarner is having a career year. Dont hang him out to dry with a catcher thats going to cost him a win, and runs on his era. I just think it was the wrong day to give Sanchez more work. Bumgarner and Posey have been working together since single A ball in San Jose. Just avoid screwing with their routine.

Hear you, but given the long flight home today, sitting Posey trumped Bumgarner's stats. Bummy had to take one for the team today.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Panda has lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks.

Stupid fat pig. He will get into shape now that he will be coming up on a contract year. Tell me.............. why didnt he do this during the off season and get his ass in shape for THIS year.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Panda has lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks.

Stupid fat pig. He will get into shape now that he will be coming up on a contract year. Tell me.............. why didnt he do this during the off season and get his ass in shape for THIS year.

lol because then he wouldnt have gotten to pig out all offseason, and up until August in the regular season. Being a fat World Series MVP probably factored into whether or not he thought he had to get in shape for the upcoming season.

If his brother can keep him loyal to that new diet, maybe he can finally kick the weight problem. I would normally sympathize, because keeping weight off it hard, but hes getting paid MILLIONS to be a pro athlete, so theres really no excuse.

Eat this

Eat this

Put a little A-1 sauce on it and Fat Boy would probably eat that too.
As much as I get mad at Sandoval for packing on the weight and swinging at everything, we've still been getting a steal.

Hes only cost us about 2 million dollars per season for the last 5 years, gave us a couple All-Star seasons at 3B, won us a WS MVP, and has hit .297 overall as a Giant. Its frustrating because he could be so much better with some discipline, but theres very little to really be mad about.
As much as I get mad at Sandoval for packing on the weight and swinging at everything, we've still been getting a steal.

Hes only cost us about 2 million dollars per season for the last 5 years, gave us a couple All-Star seasons at 3B, won us a WS MVP, and has hit .297 overall as a Giant. Its frustrating because he could be so much better with some discipline, but theres very little to really be mad about.

What he did in the past is nice. BUT, I am still pissed at the guy for not having enough pride to get his ass in shape.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com