There are 203 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
What is your idea of a reasonable price?

He is cheap right now at 5 mill. I think 7-8 would be ideal. But he is probably going for more than that.

Do you ever get anything right? Choo's contract is for 7.38 million this year. Then consider that Scott Boras is his agent and you can figure that there is no way he doesnt get at elast 4 years 40+ million.

More like 5/$60. He'll be just as expensive if not more than Pence.

That looks about right for Choo.
Originally posted by Niners99:

He is cheap right now at 5 mill. I think 7-8 would be ideal. But he is probably going for more than that.

Do you ever get anything right? Choo's contract is for 7.38 million this year. Then consider that Scott Boras is his agent and you can figure that there is no way he doesnt get at elast 4 years 40+ million.

I was being conservative when I said he would get at least 4/40. I agree that with Boras it will be more than that but its insane to even think about 7-8M per yr

Choo will point to the Pagan contract and say hes worth double. Id rather have Choo than Pence though. Especially if they come at a similar price.

If Pence really does want to be here and will take a 2-3 year contract at 10-12 per year I'm fine with that. Any more is insane.

I was being conservative when I said he would get at least 4/40. I agree that with Boras it will be more than that but its insane to even think about 7-8M per yr

Choo will point to the Pagan contract and say hes worth double. Id rather have Choo than Pence though. Especially if they come at a similar price.

If Pence really does want to be here and will take a 2-3 year contract at 10-12 per year I'm fine with that. Any more is insane.

Im guessing he wont take less than what Pagan got.

What you get in OPS with Choo, you lose in defense...but that's me. I think a bigger issue also is, would Choo even want to play here?
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 8, 2013 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

What you get in OPS with Choo, you lose in defense...but that's me. I think a bigger issue also is, would Choo even want to play here?

Asian people f**king LOVE the bay area bro, didn't you know?

Asian people f**king LOVE the bay area bro, didn't you know?

lulz
That was classic Timmy.

8 innings, no ERs, 8 ks. great performance. we needed it.
Belt with 12 HRs.

Timmy has earned a contract for next year IMO

Is that a personal question? If so, then yet, I would love to play here.

Do you ever get anything right? Choo's contract is for 7.38 million this year. Then consider that Scott Boras is his agent and you can figure that there is no way he doesnt get at elast 4 years 40 million.

If we offer the most money, he'd love to play here. Plus its about 3,000 miles closer to home for him.
im more anxious about our young starting pitching rather than the giants major league team.

Pablo has to go. He needs to be traded for something.

Edwin Escobar's last start: 7 innings 1 hit and no walks.

Another name to look for is Martin Agosta. I think he was projected as a reliever in last years draft. So far, he's been very good In Augusta.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=622094
nvm lulz
[ Edited by YungBird on Aug 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
That was classic Timmy.

8 innings, no ERs, 8 ks. great performance. we needed it.
Belt with 12 HRs.

Timmy has earned a contract for next year IMO

If he keeps throwing curves like this, yes.

Vogey tonight
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
If he keeps throwing curves like this, yes.

nasty!
Share 49ersWebzone