There are 242 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Belt baby! The Brandon's taking care if business today!!
Timmy!

Where is the Belt haters now? Lol

Timmy didnt pitch the ninth. Who did? Romo did fuk noses

G'S
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Garcia:
No, it's dimensions, weather, all park factors.

if you look at last years numbers he was pretty much dead even on the road and home.

He played in Cleveland last year, which is a pretty hitting-neutral park. His Left/Right AB splits weren't quite as bad as they were this year, but they were still pretty poor.

Like I said, not terribly worried about that, would love to have him on the Giants. (for a reasonable price)
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Timmy!

Where is the Belt haters now? Lol

Timmy didnt pitch the ninth. Who did? Romo did fuk noses

G'S

relax it's a win, it's not like that win got us back into 1st place
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Always a possibility, but I think it's more that he's learned how to prepare better and has learned HOW to pitch and not just throw. I think he's made that transition from his CYA years and think he's legitimately back.

I always find it suspicious that any athlete in any sport "do well" or "break out" in their contract year. I heard that in years past, he wasn't staying in shape like he should had. I think it's too much risk for this team to resign him for more than a one year deal. Offer him the QO and that's it.

I keep quoting you on this because he had ONE bad season on his ENTIRE career and it was last year. Maybe he's no longer the most dominate SP in baseball anymore and not a CY candidate but who wouldn't want him as your # 3?! Thats nuts.
Tomorrow hopefully against Tillman:

Skoots - 2nd
Crawford - SS
Posey - C
Belt - 1st
Pence - RF
Kieschnick - LF
Panda - 3rd
Frenchy - CF :D
  • Garce
  • Veteran
That was classic Timmy.

8 innings, no ERs, 8 ks. great performance. we needed it.

Belt with 12 HRs.
No, it's dimensions, weather, all park factors.

if you look at last years numbers he was pretty much dead even on the road and home.

He played in Cleveland last year, which is a pretty hitting-neutral park. His Left/Right AB splits weren't quite as bad as they were this year, but they were still pretty poor.

Like I said, not terribly worried about that, would love to have him on the Giants. (for a reasonable price)

What is your idea of a reasonable price?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He is cheap right now at 5 mill. I think 7-8 would be ideal. But he is probably going for more than that.

He is cheap right now at 5 mill. I think 7-8 would be ideal. But he is probably going for more than that.

He's making almost $7.4 this year.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM ]

Do you ever get anything right? Choo's contract is for 7.38 million this year. Then consider that Scott Boras is his agent and you can figure that there is no way he doesnt get at elast 4 years 40+ million.

Do you ever get anything right? Choo's contract is for 7.38 million this year. Then consider that Scott Boras is his agent and you can figure that there is no way he doesnt get at elast 4 years 40+ million.

More like 5/$60. He'll be just as expensive if not more than Pence.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Aug 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I was being conservative when I said he would get at least 4/40. I agree that with Boras it will be more than that but its insane to even think about 7-8M per yr
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Timmy lookin' like vintage Timmy again

8great outings in his last 12 starts, and he looked pretty good in a couple others.

contract year. I wouldn't fall for the trap and resign him to a multi year deal.

Always a possibility, but I think it's more that he's learned how to prepare better and has learned HOW to pitch and not just throw. I think he's made that transition from his CYA years and think he's legitimately back.

This
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I was being conservative when I said he would get at least 4/40. I agree that with Boras it will be more than that but its insane to even think about 7-8M per yr

Choo will point to the Pagan contract and say hes worth double. Id rather have Choo than Pence though. Especially if they come at a similar price.
Share 49ersWebzone