There are 196 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Damn, looks like Sabean won a trade:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies_zone/Concern-for-Tommy-Joseph-Cesar-Hernandez-close-to-return.html

damn that sucks, I like the kid and was hoping he'd do well there

I think he could still end up being a pretty decent 1b prospect with an outside shot at reaching the majors as a Brett Pill/backup/PH-type of player.

If Brett Pill is his ceiling then the Phillies got really screwed.

If Joseph can't catch anymore, you're right. They still might get something out of Seth Rosin who's doing ok as a AA starter, but he was more a throw in.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM ]
Over the past few years, Sabean has won alot of trades, but yet, we keep referring to the one that he lost.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Over the past few years, Sabean has won alot of trades, but yet, we keep referring to the one that he lost.

His record with trades has certainly been better that his record with free agency and the draft. The Wheeler fiasco does tarnish it a lot though.
welcome back, hector
His record with trades has certainly been better that his record with free agency and the draft. The Wheeler fiasco does tarnish it a lot though.

His FA track record hasn't been good but he's pretty damn good picking up pitchers for cheap IE vogey and Gaudin.

The team has all this money to spend and sometimes spends it unwisely. I wish they could take some of that payroll and use it for scouting and the minors.
Someone claimed Rios, Schulman speculating it's possibly the Giants. I'd be fine with him in LF and Hunter in RF with a healthy Pagan in CF.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Someone claimed Rios, Schulman speculating it's possibly the Giants. I'd be fine with him in LF and Hunter in RF with a healthy Pagan in CF.

I would love to have Alex Rios, RH Power bat with contract control.

I like Keish but dude has no power, at least up to this point.

The Giants obviously need to improve their OF and its just for 1 year. So, it would be OK . 12.5 million is a lot though for a guy with just 12 HRs and a .328 OBP in a good hitters park.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Has a team ever gone from world champions to the worst team in the league the next year.
f**kING FINALLY!

Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic3m
Guillermo Quiroz designated for assignment. #SFGiants

THANK YOU. He is like a fatter, slower, worse fielding Eli Whiteside..

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Has a team ever gone from world champions to the worst team in the league the next year.

gtfo susweel.

The Giants obviously need to improve their OF and its just for 1 year. So, it would be OK . 12.5 million is a lot though for a guy with just 12 HRs and a .328 OBP in a good hitters park.

Yup, his only real value is at the plate, and that value will change drastically if he plays here. That said, he does have a lot power and does pull a lot of his HRs....
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]
Scutaro, Crawford, Sandoval, Belt, Pence, Kiesch, Sanchez, Blanco, Timmy.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Yup, his only real value is at the plate, and that value will change drastically if he plays here. That said, he does have a lot power and does pull a lot of his HRs....

His power has been off and on from year to year. This year he is 72nd in baseball in slugging and tied for 78th in HRS and OPS. Not exactly the kind of numbers you want from a guy making 12.5. I am not thrilled by Rios but even less thrilled by the alternatives at this point.
Evan Grant ‏@Evan_P_Grant MLB Sources: Rangers did claim Alex Rios. But claiming him and acquiring him 2 very different things.
Share 49ersWebzone