LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by boast:
Crawford has been improving every season. he's not going anywhere. you may know that the Giants are in last f**king place but you haven't been paying attention to Crawford's improving play.

this
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Crawford has been improving every season. he's not going anywhere. you may know that the Giants are in last f**king place but you haven't been paying attention to Crawford's improving play.

this

=+1
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
this offseason I wouldn't mind if Blanco , Belt , and maybe even BCraw get released/cut.

Are you crazy? Blanco yes. Belt and Crawford? Give me a break.

shortstop is a lock for Christian Arroyo in the next year or two anyways. BCraw isn't really lighting it up. Belt is horrible on both sides. This is that one awk year after a world championship where you have the same lovable characters that saved the world last year, but in reality, aren't doing jack this year.

You are so off on this its incredible. Belt has been horrible on both sides? REALLY? He may not always hit like we want him to but he is a very solid defensive first baseman. I just find its hillarious that you actually want to just release him. As for Arroyo replacing Crawford... sure it might happen in a FEW years. Maybe Arroyo will become a star. Given the track record of our first round hitters I wouldnt bet the ranch on it though. Crawford is improving as a player and many teams would jump at the chance to get him.

I dont know if you are just trolling to get a reaction. Otherwise, as people have said, you join Garcia and Danimal in the worst posters in this thread.
For me, Crawford has been one of the few bright spots during this poor season.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
and Craw is an OG Giants fan. gotta love the kid...

and Craw is an OG Giants fan. gotta love the kid...

this and his glove is incredible.

first year he hit .240, now hitting .273

gained 40 points in on base percentage

60 points in slugging, and struck out 30 times less this year.

Dude is improving
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
this and his glove is incredible.

first year he hit .240, now hitting .273

gained 40 points in on base percentage

60 points in slugging, and struck out 30 times less this year.

Dude is improving

his WAR is over 2 also
at cutting Belt and Crawford. Two of our best young players not named Buster Posey that are cost controlled for the next five years and we should just release them. Hilarious. Belt's OPS is only second to Posey on the team (20 pts better than Pence and 90 pts better than Panda).

The problem all year has been our pitching up until lately. Releasing them would dumber than the Beltran trade.
The funny thing about Crawford is, what seems to be his strength is actually his weakness, and visa versa. He's actually one of the better hitting SS in baseball and his WAR of 2.1 ranks him in the top 10 over guys like Elvis Andrus, Jimmy Rollins, Asdrubal Cabrera, Alexiei Ramirez and Starlin Castro. But that's primarily because of his offensive production (6th in wRC+ and wOBA).

Defensively though, he's below average (UZR of -1.8, which puts him 18th out of 24 ranked SS). So his work at the plate this year makes him a solid MLB starter, but his work on the field needs to improve. If he can do that (and he has all the tools to do so), he could easily be one of the top 3-4 SS in the game.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
lol, you dont release players in baseball like you do in football.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Would he have hit 74 HRs in a year with cheating? No.

Hence Why he didnt hit 74. Dudes clean.

Lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Hopefully that was drunk posting yesterday Tony.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Yah, I'll give him a DP pass.
So disappointed in Joe Panik and Gary Brown.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Hopper:

Yah, I'll give him a DP pass.

A dp pass? Kinky.

Share 49ersWebzone