There are 174 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Maybe it's just me, but it sounds like we're going to a 6-man rotation once Lilly comes up. Bum, Cain, Tim, Vogey, Gaudin and Lilly with Moscoso as the long man.

Bye Zeets.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Maybe it's just me, but it sounds like we're going to a 6-man rotation once Lilly comes up. Bum, Cain, Tim, Vogey, Gaudin and Lilly with Moscoso as the long man.

Bye Zeets.

Thats fine. It limits the innnings for Bumgarner and Cain and gives them a chance to view the others for the rest of the year to see what they want to do for 2014. Obviously Zito is gone and they are not even trying to hide that.
I wonder if Lilly balls out for the rest of the year, would he be resigned for next year? It would give the team a second lefty in the rotation.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wonder if Lilly balls out for the rest of the year, would he be resigned for next year? It would give the team a second lefty in the rotation.

Possible if it was for a 1 year deal at a very low base salary. He will get a chance to show them if he has much left. I kind of doubt it though.
Could not agree on a call up date.

Lilly not coming according to knbr.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Ted Zito can EAD AND GTFO
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Could not agree on a call up date.

Lilly not coming according to knbr.

Eff him.

lol Ted Lilly and the Giants nixed their deal because they didnt agree on the call up date.

His Giants career was short-lived. Have fun sitting at home Lilly...
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol Ted Lilly and the Giants nixed their deal because they didnt agree on the call up date.

Seems stupid on both sides. Who gives a damn what the date was. Do the Giants really think they are still in the race? Hillarious.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Seems stupid on both sides. Who gives a damn what the date was. Do the Giants really think they are still in the race? Hillarious.

Exactly... I know it's an obvious question, but does anyone really even care about what happened at this point? I bet most fans' "emotional response meter" was at a firm zero to hearing about anything relating to this new "news."

so glad that s**t was called off

Ted f**king Lilly?

signing Lilly would had been the clear white flag. Total troll status: demotes Zito ... signs Lilly - LULZ
Wasnt a great move, but it was low risk. I wouldn't have mind seeing it
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Wasnt a great move, but it was low risk. I wouldn't have mind seeing it

I agree actually. Lilly was good last year for LA when he was healthy. The more I thought about it the more it made sense.. complete NO risk move. I think Lilly may have something left.. at least this would have been a way to find out. Not a big deal though.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Exactly... I know it's an obvious question, but does anyone really even care about what happened at this point? I bet most fans' "emotional response meter" was at a firm zero to hearing about anything relating to this new "news."

Ten and a half out brah.

Share 49ersWebzone