There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Muggins:
What is that star looking thing on the back of the pitchers mound?

Supposed to be a sun "ray/burst" and not a star.

So wait, are they named after Sun Rays or the Fish thing that killed the crocodile hunter?

So wait, are they named after Sun Rays or the Fish thing that killed the crocodile hunter?

The fish. Theres still a Ray logo on the sleeve. the burst of light logo is probably just a play on the Florida sunshine.

They dropped Devil from the name because PR said it sounded too negative I guess.

The fish thing...but the star burst/ray represents the Tampa Bay/St. Pete area.
Oh ok. I always just thought it was the fish. I guess I never noticed the sun burst thing.
Probably jinx him by saying this, but I think Timmy has a quality start tonight.

Wont matter if Price has his way with our lineup.

TB is by far the most prone to a no-hitter though, so Lincecum might be able to dominate if he has control of his stuff. The Rays have been no-hit 4 times in the last 5 years. 3 of them perfect games, which is incredible.
Edwin Escobar dominated a pretty good New Hampshire team tonight with a 7 inning 1-hitter, no walks and 6 Ks.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM ]
Edwin Escobar dominated a pretty good New Hampshire team tonight with a 7 inning 1-hitter, no walks and 7 Ks.

All these young pitchers starting to look like quality prospects is exciting, but we'll see who progresses to dominant stuff at AAA, and who tops out. Either way I think the Grizzlies pitching staff is about to become loaded in the next couple years.
lol oh my god, that play at 1st.
Lincecum set an illegal moving screen on Pill lol.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Edwin Escobar dominated a pretty good New Hampshire team tonight with a 7 inning 1-hitter, no walks and 6 Ks.

All these young pitchers starting to look like quality prospects is exciting, but we'll see who progresses to dominant stuff at AAA, and who tops out. Either way I think the Grizzlies pitching staff is about to become loaded in the next couple years.

The way they're fast-tracking the 21 year-old Escobar, I could definitely see him starting '14 in Fresno, and with a good year, he might see some action as a September call-up. But the Grizzlies starting rotation in 2015 could be one of the best any of our farm teams have had in a long time with guys like Kyle Crick, Chris Stratton, Adalberto Mejia, Martin Agosta, Clayton Blackburn and Ty Blach all in the mix.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM ]
Wow Posey with a huge hustle play right there.
That's why he's the best.
I thought that was gone
Joe West blows
Wow that was so f**king outside
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com