LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Damn
Playing better ball, but still losing. #propertank
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Torres f**king sucks dick.

Keishnick needs to play everyday with Blanco in CF. Torres is garbage. Quiroz needs to be DFAd.
Sending Torres up to bat with 2 outs there is like conceding the game.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Sending Torres up to bat with 2 outs there is like conceding the game.

Pretty much
Originally posted by Garcia:

Keishnick needs to play everyday with Blanco in CF. Torres is garbage. Quiroz needs to be DFAd.

Quiroz is only playing because Sanchez got hurt, but Hector is ready to return so Quiroz should be sent down soon.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Quiroz is only playing because Sanchez got hurt, but Hector is ready to return so Quiroz should be sent down soon.

The Giants seem like the only team that has no idea that there are veteran defensive catchers who dont take AB's like a RP. Guillermo Quiroz and even Hector Sanchez werent the only options coming into the season.

The Giants seem like the only team that has no idea that there are veteran defensive catchers who dont take AB's like a RP. Guillermo Quiroz and even Hector Sanchez werent the only options coming into the season.

The only thing that makes sense is that they felt Hector was going to take a step forward this year. That's all I could come up with in terms of logic.

The only thing that makes sense is that they felt Hector was going to take a step forward this year. That's all I could come up with in terms of logic.

Well they knew before the season that Sanchez couldnt play defense, which is the reason why Quiroz is even here. I think its just the Giants strange affinity for players named Guillermo. Theyve had 4 of the 6 "Guillermo's" in MLB history now. Mota was the only one who didnt completely suck.

I just have a hard time believing that they didnt have any better, cheap backup C options available this past offseason. Quiroz is literally an empty spot in the lineup. That walkoff he hit against the Dodgers was a combination of a miracle and Brandon League pitching.

I still have no idea why Johnny Monell hasnt gotten the call yet. Even if they feel like Monell's defense isnt good enough, at this point wouldnt long time minor league catcher Jackson Williams getting a callup at LEAST be a lateral move? His value is in defense, and he cant be any worse at hitting than Quiroz.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Bochy will choose either Pence or Scutaro to lead off

Originally posted by Muggins:

Top 10 prospects (IMO)

1.) Kyle Crick, RHP - high A
2.) Chris Stratton, RHP - low A
3.) Andrew Susac - C, AA
4.) Heath Hembree, RHP - AAA
5.) Edwin Escobar, LHP - AA
6.) Martin Agosta, RHP - low A
7.) Gary Brown, CF - AAA
8.) Clayton Blackburn, RHP - high A
9.) Mac Williamson, RF - high A
10.) Joe Panik, 2B - AA

Still high on Brown and Hembree eh? Their status as top prospects is fading fast.

Im starting to get the feeling that we might have WAY more than we thought in Mac Williamson. Its still very early, but hes showing some early signs of turning into a great prospect.
Top 10 prospects (IMO)

1.) Kyle Crick, RHP - high A
2.) Chris Stratton, RHP - low A
3.) Andrew Susac - C, AA
4.) Heath Hembree, RHP - AAA
5.) Edwin Escobar, LHP - AA
6.) Martin Agosta, RHP - low A
7.) Gary Brown, CF - AAA
8.) Clayton Blackburn, RHP - high A
9.) Mac Williamson, RF - high A
10.) Joe Panik, 2B - AA

Still high on Brown and Hembree eh? Their status as top prospects is fading fast.

Im starting to get the feeling that we might have WAY more than we thought in Mac Williamson. Its still very early, but hes showing some early signs of turning into a great prospect.

Not so much Brown, but I wouldn't completely write him off just yet. He's not the high-end guy we thought he was going to be, but he's still got some use as a 4th OF/defensive replacement. Hembree just broke the Grizzlies single season record for saves with a month left in the season, so he's definitely got some value and will likely battle for a roster spot next year.

I would rather have Crawford lead off than Pence
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I would rather have Crawford lead off than Pence

Grounding out on the first pitch isnt exactly what you want from your leadoff hitter.
Share 49ersWebzone