There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
You dont trade away players unless you have someone better or equal to replace them.

Lopez we could replace, IMO. but Pence, we all know we lack OF depth so we got to keep him around.

Especially since he is such a great defender. LOL You keep someone if it makes sense financially. MAybe he will take a hometown discount and sign 3 years for 33 million. Then it would be a good move given their lack of OF depth.. If he wants 5 years and 65? Forgetabout it.
Joked Lopez, who had persistent interest from the Detroit Tigers: "I guess they didn't want to trade Miggy straight up for me."
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,302
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Especially since he is such a great defender. LOL You keep someone if it makes sense financially. MAybe he will take a hometown discount and sign 3 years for 33 million. Then it would be a good move given their lack of OF depth.. If he wants 5 years and 65? Forgetabout it.

I never said he was a great defender, did you fail reading comprehension? I said he was a decent defender.

You may want to get your eyes checked old man, might be time for a new prescription.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Especially since he is such a great defender. LOL You keep someone if it makes sense financially. MAybe he will take a hometown discount and sign 3 years for 33 million. Then it would be a good move given their lack of OF depth.. If he wants 5 years and 65? Forgetabout it.

I never said he was a great defender, did you fail reading comprehension? I said he was a decent defender.

You may want to get your eyes checked old man, might be time for a new prescription.

Oh yes. You said he he had a great arm and top 5 in assists. However, on further review... 1 assist all year, a negative defensive WAR, and 2nd behind only Josh Hamilton in errors in RF.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,302
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Oh yes. You said he he had a great arm and top 5 in assists. However, on further review... 1 assist all year, a negative defensive WAR, and 2nd behind only Josh Hamilton in errors in RF.

thats what mike krukow said on a broadcast, when him and frenchy started playing together, said they both have greats arms, I guess I misquoted it because if you look at years passed Pence has been near the top in assists before. I guess he was talking about in the last several years, my bad. Crucify me.
eh kinda like staying pat, not ruffling anyones feather and trading them away might make them want to re-sign with us even more.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Jul 31, 2013 at 2:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Oh yes. You said he he had a great arm and top 5 in assists. However, on further review... 1 assist all year, a negative defensive WAR, and 2nd behind only Josh Hamilton in errors in RF.

thats what mike krukow said on a broadcast, when him and frenchy started playing together, said they both have greats arms, I guess I misquoted it because if you look at years passed Pence has been near the top in assists before. I guess he was talking about in the last several years, my bad. Crucify me.

Nah. You do enough to crucify yourself. And.. I made a promise to Rubber for exclusive rights to that anyway.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
eh kinda like staying pat, not ruffling anyones feather and trading them away might make them want to re-sign with us even more.

If they can sign these guys to reasonable deals (Timmy, Pence and Javy), most people would be cool with having them back.

Timmy - 2/22M (3rd year club option)
Pence - 3/37.5M (4th year club option)
Javy - 2/10M
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM ]
i can tell pence wants to stay here, he driving his scooter around all over frisco lol
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i can tell pence wants to stay here, he driving his scooter around all over frisco lol

why is HP in Texas?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i can tell pence wants to stay here, he driving his scooter around all over frisco lol

this.


Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
eh kinda like staying pat, not ruffling anyones feather and trading them away might make them want to re-sign with us even more.

If they can sign these guys to reasonable deals (Timmy, Pence and Javy), most people would be cool with having them back.

Timmy - 2/22M (3rd year club option)
Pence - 3/37.5M (3rd year club option)
Javy - 2/10M

That's too much for Timmah IMO. I would like to see Javi go as well.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,302
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this.



That's too much for Timmah IMO. I would like to see Javi go as well.

wtf lol

Pence will get 4 years or he and Timmy will both get Qualifying offers. I dont see Timmy getting a multi-year deal until he proves he can be consistent.
And Javy Lopez is one of the best relievers in the league.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this.



That's too much for Timmah IMO. I would like to see Javi go as well.

wtf lol

Pence will get 4 years or he and Timmy will both get Qualifying offers. I dont see Timmy getting a multi-year deal until he proves he can be consistent.
And Javy Lopez is one of the best relievers in the league.

yea i want to keep javy, he is nails, and hitters have a hard time picking up his weird delivery.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i can tell pence wants to stay here, he driving his scooter around all over frisco lol

why is HP in Texas?

That's a long commute from Texas to SF every night
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i can tell pence wants to stay here, he driving his scooter around all over frisco lol

why is HP in Texas?

Does he still have a place of residence in Houston?
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com