LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Frenchy back in LF and Pill playing 1B

Why not give Hunter a day off and let Kiesch play RF?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Frenchy back in LF and Pill playing 1B

Why not give Hunter a day off and let Kiesch play RF?

cuz Bochy likes to play the favorable matchups
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Brett Pillmatic
LEFTIES CAN'T HIT LEFTIES GUYS
Nevermind Hamels' splits over the last three years:

vs Lefties: .231/.297/.348/.645

vs Righties: .229/.276/.375/.652

Frenchy vs. Hamels lifetime: 15/54 with 12 K's (he has 2 HR's though!)

Again, don't mind Pill in there because I don't think he's ever faced him but continuing to bench the young dudes for Jeff f**king Francoeur is irresponsible, borderline retarded behavior.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Garcia:
is it too soon for Pill the Thrill?

Yes.

Players usually get called up when theyre hot, and we're playing in a hitters park right now. Its not surprising that Pill has been hitting. Its common to see a player get called up, make an impact for a week or 2, and then cool off and remind everyone why they were at Fresno all season. We saw it with Perez earlier this year.

Pill is almost 29, and has already proven several times that he cant maintain production in the Majors. I really hope Bochy doesnt take a bunch of playing time away from Belt to play Pill. I like the guy, but his AB's are wasted in a lost season. We need to be using this 2nd half as an opportunity to get some promising young players some Major League AB's.

Pill will go cold and be sent back down, then called back up when rosters expand as a bench player.

Agree with almost everything you said, other than Pills ABs being a waste. He could actually be a very solid bat off the bench (something we haven't had for years here) and spot starter at 1st, and it doesn't hurt to help him build confidence for that role. You also can't say that he hasn't been able to maintain production at the majors when he's only had one other stretch this year when he's started more than one game back-to-back. SSS to make that kind of claim.

Bottom line though, Belt is our starter and he's got all the talent in the world. He just needs to pull his head out of his arse and start being more consistent at the plate.

Does he though? I agree that he should be starting and getting as many at bats as possible. It could be, though, that the Giants and their fans have overrated Belt's ability. Maybe he is just a headcase that will never completely get it. Clearly the Giants need better production out of 1B though

Though it's a possibility he's been overrated, I suspect it's more about him not being ready for prime-time just yet both mentally and mechanically. In general, I agree with the notion of giving a guy as many ABs as possible to help him work out his issues, but Belt seems to be a different beast in that respect. It seems the more ABs he gets when he's going bad, the WORSE it gets for him. That points to more of a mental issue (lack of confidence, over-thinking, etc.) and the inexperience of being able to handle pressure as opposed to lack of talent.

99 has said before that he was rushed through the system and not given enough time to develop...I think that's been the biggest issue with him so far.

I was hoping that Belt would be the hitter that Freddie Freeman is. Now, I think he is more like Mitch Moreland.

Freeman has 3,081 career pro AB's (majors+minors). Belt only has 1,586 total. So Freeman has double the pro experience. I wouldnt be upset that they arent at the same stage.
Nice catch Ruiz
Francuoer hitting a solid .175 as a giant
So clutch guys
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Signing him was a total bust. He has no future here so get rid of him.

Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Time to play all the young guys, get rid of Torres/Francoeur play Perez and either Gary Brown or Peguero
Francouer was our Beltran move in 2013 *chuckles*
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Only needs about 700 more ABs to get settled in!

So glad he's playing over the kids. The more gritty veterans the better IMO.
Clayton Blackburn goes 8 innings for the 2nd start in row, though he wasn't super sharp this afternoon in SJ. 8 IP, 7 hits, 1 ER, 1 walk and 2 Ks, averaging about 88-90 on the fastball today while throwing just under 90 pitches.
i remember when i use to care when the Phillies played the Giants
Share 49ersWebzone