LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

I am thankful for Zito in game 5 of nlcs, but his time may be up here...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by pdizo916:

may? lol.
Originally posted by boast:

may? lol.

ok he gone

Marty Laurie thinks that Timmy and Vogey are coming back. I know I'm in the minority, but I want to see Timmy, Vogey, and Zito all gone next year. Hell, the only player i want to come back is Pence.....for a fair deal.
ok he gone

Marty Laurie thinks that Timmy and Vogey are coming back. I know I'm in the minority, but I want to see Timmy, Vogey, and Zito all gone next year. Hell, the only player i want to come back is Pence.....for a fair deal.

Zito is a gonner for sure, I agree with you about Timmy because he would be a massive over pay at this point but I wouldn't be against giving Timmy a Qualifying Offer as long as it not a multi year deal at the Qualifying Offer rate. As for Vogelsong the jury is out on this one. There is a club option for 6.5M, and I would like to see how he performs in these last two months before writing off Vogelsong completely. If he could produce like mid rotation guy, having him back on a one year 6.5M and not have to massively overpay another FA sounds pretty decent to me.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Zito is a gonner for sure, I agree with you about Timmy because he would be a massive over pay at this point but I wouldn't be against giving Timmy a Qualifying Offer as long as it not a multi year deal at the Qualifying Offer rate. As for Vogelsong the jury is out on this one. There is a club option for 6.5M, and I would like to see how he performs in these last two months before writing off Vogelsong completely. If he could produce like mid rotation guy, having him back on a one year 6.5M and not have to massively overpay another FA sounds pretty decent to me.
Agreed too risky to sign Timmy to a multi year deal. His whip this season is still very high.

Hopefully we can bring Gaudin back. Besides the one start against the Reds he's been good.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Agreed too risky to sign Timmy to a multi year deal. His whip this season is still very high.

Hopefully we can bring Gaudin back. Besides the one start against the Reds he's been good.

So: Bumgarner, Cain, Timmy, Gaudin, and __________ ?
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Wheeler.

Kershaw. I hear the Dodgers want to move him to the Giants.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Kershaw. I hear the Dodgers want to move him to the Giants.

Must be the rumored deal of him being packaged with Brian Wilson, but Sabean said the offer was "embarrassing" because he wanted their first rounder too.

may? lol.

ok he gone

Wouldn't mind bringing Timmy back but Vogey needs to retire

i hope its just cain, bummy, and gaud. I guess they can bring in whatever pitchers they want to fill out the rotation.

I personally wouldn't mind if the G's rebuild like they did 2005-2008. It may be that time....

Maybe "save" some money they would spend on FA and use that money to pay off the ball park. Then in 2017, if sabes and co. rebuild correctly, we would have a nice minor league system AND a killer pay roll. But I think they should trade everyone not named posey and bumgarner. Crick, Blackburn, Escobar, and the other young pitchers would be ready and Cain and Bummy would still be under contract. Also, the team would shed every "negative contract."

I guess the team can try to stay competitive but I think their time may be up as I predicted last year.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

may? lol.

ok he gone

Wouldn't mind bringing Timmy back but Vogey needs to retire

The next 2 months will let everyone know what the future has for Vogelsong. I wouldnt be that quick to write him off yet.
Frenchy back in LF and Pill playing 1B
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Hamels pitching. Pretty obvious that Boch would go with these 2
Share 49ersWebzone