Romo for Cespedes

throw in Posey and it's a deal
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by Garcia:
trade Romo to the A's please

Romo for Cespedes

lol Posey is worth more than the A's entire team combined.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
So why release the fact that Pence would want to come back if traded? Lowers his value

His value to the trade market is for this season. Every team will have a chance to sign him this offseason if they want to, regardless of where hes been traded. Teams care about his bat for the next 2+ months.

If Pence is cool with allowing the Giants to trade him for prospects, and then coming back this winter for a longterm deal, thats great. The only question with situations like that is whether the player would be insulted by being traded away, and choose not to return as a free agent. But, I dont think Pence is that way. I could see Lincecum getting offended by that though.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Pence aint going anywhere.

He will get a qualifying offer and if he doesn't sign we get a 1st round pick - as simple as that.

He will get a qualifying offer and if he doesn't sign we get a 1st round pick - as simple as that.

It all depends on the offer. I think we basically said "Pence and Lincecum are staying put unless we get a really good offer". If someone offers a package that sounds worth losing a comp. pick over, then we'll do it. Considering how crappy Pence has been lately, its doubtful.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

It all depends on the offer. I think we basically said "Pence and Lincecum are staying put unless we get a really good offer". If someone offers a package that sounds worth losing a comp. pick over, then we'll do it. Considering how crappy Pence has been lately, its doubtful.

Of course.
trade Romo to the A's please

Romo for Cespedes

I would trade Posey for the A's entire team.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
glad to hear HP will likely return next season even if traded. he's me second favorite Giant and sorta responsible for last year's WS win.

Isn't posey's contract worth more money than the valuation of the A's? Im actually serious.......

Originally posted by boast:
glad to hear HP will likely return next season even if traded. he's me second favorite Giant and sorta responsible for last year's WS win.

last time i read, he's open to coming back. But we all know that money talks and bullcaca walks....

Tigers still trying to get Javy. sigh...gonna miss that guy. wish we could get rid of Affeldt.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Tigers still trying to get Javy. sigh...gonna miss that guy. wish we could get rid of Affeldt.

x2

Did Pence tell someone you can trade me but will make every effort to comeback as a Giant in the off-season?
Originally posted by robniner:

Did Pence tell someone you can trade me but will make every effort to comeback as a Giant in the off-season?

‏@AlexPavlovic Pence met with management and told Giants that if they do trade him tomorrow, he still would be open to returning as free agent.

‏@AlexPavlovic Pence: "I love every minute here. I love to play here. We have that understanding."
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by robniner:

‏@AlexPavlovic Pence met with management and told Giants that if they do trade him tomorrow, he still would be open to returning as free agent.

‏@AlexPavlovic Pence: "I love every minute here. I love to play here. We have that understanding."

Like what the Phillies are doing with Chase Utley, the Giants should just go ahead and sign him to either an extension or a new contract now. If he has the desire to come back, then there is no point to deal him unless it nets highly regarded prospects.
Share 49ersWebzone