LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

As long as we're all complaining, why the f**k is Quiroz still on this team? Johnny Monell has been KILLING it in AAA and deserves a call up over Quiroz and Hector.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Melky blows. .275 with no power and no speed, no thanks.

he seemed to play his best baseball against us though.....
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
As long as we're all complaining, why the f**k is Quiroz still on this team? Johnny Monell has been KILLING it in AAA and deserves a call up over Quiroz and Hector.

sayin'

still don't get it either
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

still don't get it either

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
other than the Dodgers, who would you guys say are our other top rivals?

1. Dodgers
2. Oakland A's
3. Dbags
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
And Belt should get starts everyday at 1B, but clearly that makes too much sense.

I think Belt may have played his way out of San Francisco. He's been given a shot. He played extremely well down the stretch last year. After a promising start this year, like Brandon Crawford, he's tailed way off. If Pill responds and the team starts winning again, it's going to be very hard for Brandon to get off the bench...

I seriously doubt that Belt is going to lose his job to Brett Pill. They may unload him but it wont be because of Pill.

IMO, they'll hold onto Belt until Susac is ready, which is likely 2015. IMO if Belt doesn't show more consistency by next year, they'll ship him out, give Buster more time at 1st and have him split the catching duties with Susac. If Susac delivers in his role, a full-time move to first for Posey could come sooner rather than later.

Posey isnt moving to 1B anytime soon. The Giants gave him 167 mil. to be a catcher. Posey has at least 5 more years at catcher.

Unless you're Brian Sabean/Bruce Bochy, you don't know this for sure. Nice opinion though.

I just think its common sense. Posey provides such an asset to the team with his abilities behind the plate. Youd lose a ton of value by moving him to 1B. 25 HR from a catcher is huge. 25 from your 1B isnt anything special. Posey's defense at 1B is average at best.

I think Posey wants to catch for the majority of his career. I think he feels more comfortable there, and theres no way the Giants force him to change positions unless injury issues dictate it. Hes the face of the franchise, and he wants to catch. Hes said it many times.

Brandon Belt is going to work out. Hes just going through his growing pains in the Majors. Normally players go through this in the minor leagues, and you never see it. Belt has a GG caliber glove at 1st, has a good eye for the zone, and has pop in his bat. Sometimes its hard to watch him struggle, but hes getting better each year.

1. Dodgers
2. Oakland A's
3. Dbags
And Belt should get starts everyday at 1B, but clearly that makes too much sense.

I think Belt may have played his way out of San Francisco. He's been given a shot. He played extremely well down the stretch last year. After a promising start this year, like Brandon Crawford, he's tailed way off. If Pill responds and the team starts winning again, it's going to be very hard for Brandon to get off the bench...

I seriously doubt that Belt is going to lose his job to Brett Pill. They may unload him but it wont be because of Pill.

IMO, they'll hold onto Belt until Susac is ready, which is likely 2015. IMO if Belt doesn't show more consistency by next year, they'll ship him out, give Buster more time at 1st and have him split the catching duties with Susac. If Susac delivers in his role, a full-time move to first for Posey could come sooner rather than later.

Posey isnt moving to 1B anytime soon. The Giants gave him 167 mil. to be a catcher. Posey has at least 5 more years at catcher.

Unless you're Brian Sabean/Bruce Bochy, you don't know this for sure. Nice opinion though.

I just think its common sense. Posey provides such an asset to the team with his abilities behind the plate. Youd lose a ton of value by moving him to 1B. 25 HR from a catcher is huge. 25 from your 1B isnt anything special. Posey's defense at 1B is average at best.

I think Posey wants to catch for the majority of his career. I think he feels more comfortable there, and theres no way the Giants force him to change positions unless injury issues dictate it. Hes the face of the franchise, and he wants to catch. Hes said it many times.

Brandon Belt is going to work out. Hes just going through his growing pains in the Majors. Normally players go through this in the minor leagues, and you never see it. Belt has a GG caliber glove at 1st, has a good eye for the zone, and has pop in his bat. Sometimes its hard to watch him struggle, but hes getting better each year.

Bochy disagrees, Brett Pill is the future!!!!
  • Garce
  • Veteran

One thing you can say about Pill is he has paid his dues and hasnt really had a chance.

1. Dodgers
2. Oakland A's
3. Dbags

I'm actually a Belt fan and I hope he figures things out, and I hope that Buster catches for a long, long, long time. I'm just saying, if Belt doesn't, there could be an alternative plan.

One thing you can say about Pill is he has paid his dues and hasnt really had a chance.

He hasn't had a chance because he's a AAAA player at best.

Also, to clarify I don't hate Pill I just hate the logic. Start him in LF if you want to get him AB's and DFA Frenchy who shouldn't have been signed to begin with.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jul 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM ]

Yah, Pill isn't anyone's long-term answer...but I do enjoy seeing him rake in Fresno.
nicely done Panda
If Zito gets a road win (the Reds game not counting) our season turns around, BOOK IT
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If Zito gets a road win (the Reds game not counting) our season turns around, BOOK IT

we still haven't hit a HR in 77 innings
  • Garce
  • Veteran

He hasn't had a chance because he's a AAAA player at best.

Also, to clarify I don't hate Pill I just hate the logic. Start him in LF if you want to get him AB's and DFA Frenchy who shouldn't have been signed to begin with.

agree
Share 49ersWebzone