There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Niners99:

There is a 0% chance the Tigers trade us Castellanos (a top 20 prospect) for a package like that. The Tigers said theyre satisfied with Benoit, and they arent in dire need of offense.

So satisfied with Benoit that they just traded for Jose Veras.

Was for Danry Vasquez, the Tigers #3/#4 ranked prospect and Veras is a rental.

Yes but Castellanos is their prize prospect and they wouldnt trade him for anything the Giants have to offer. Big drop from their #1 prospect to their 4th.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,538
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
One thing about Danimal... He makes Garcia look like a baseball genius in comparison.

It isnt even worth the time to debate someone who obviously has one agenda. All he cares about is coming in this thread to rip on Romo when he blows a save. Can't you get banned for being an obnoxious troll?

for a guy that doesn't know baseball I sure seem to end up being right a lot

You on the other hand the self proclaimed guru of the board made comparisons of Romo to Mariano and such others

LOL You are whacked if you think I ever put Romo in the same league as Rivera. Tell me.. what have you been right about anyway. Pretty sure I cant remember one thing.. Oh by the way........... Romo was an All Star.

You can go now.

keep my name out your mouth. no one cares.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
One thing about Danimal... He makes Garcia look like a baseball genius in comparison.

It isnt even worth the time to debate someone who obviously has one agenda. All he cares about is coming in this thread to rip on Romo when he blows a save. Can't you get banned for being an obnoxious troll?

for a guy that doesn't know baseball I sure seem to end up being right a lot

You on the other hand the self proclaimed guru of the board made comparisons of Romo to Mariano and such others

LOL You are whacked if you think I ever put Romo in the same league as Rivera. Tell me.. what have you been right about anyway. Pretty sure I cant remember one thing.. Oh by the way........... Romo was an All Star.

You can go now.

keep my name out your mouth. no one cares.

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
One thing about Danimal... He makes Garcia look like a baseball genius in comparison.

It isnt even worth the time to debate someone who obviously has one agenda. All he cares about is coming in this thread to rip on Romo when he blows a save. Can't you get banned for being an obnoxious troll?

for a guy that doesn't know baseball I sure seem to end up being right a lot

You on the other hand the self proclaimed guru of the board made comparisons of Romo to Mariano and such others

LOL You are whacked if you think I ever put Romo in the same league as Rivera. Tell me.. what have you been right about anyway. Pretty sure I cant remember one thing.. Oh by the way........... Romo was an All Star.

You can go now.

keep my name out your mouth. no one cares.

LOL. Hey, I put you 1 step above someone. It will probably be the last time that ever happens. Now go in the 24-7 room and get abused like you do every day.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,538
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL. Hey, I put you 1 step above someone. It will probably be the last time that ever happens. Now go in the 24-7 room and get abused like you do every day.

LOL.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
One thing about Danimal... He makes Garcia look like a baseball genius in comparison.

It isnt even worth the time to debate someone who obviously has one agenda. All he cares about is coming in this thread to rip on Romo when he blows a save. Can't you get banned for being an obnoxious troll?

for a guy that doesn't know baseball I sure seem to end up being right a lot

You on the other hand the self proclaimed guru of the board made comparisons of Romo to Mariano and such others

LOL You are whacked if you think I ever put Romo in the same league as Rivera. Tell me.. what have you been right about anyway. Pretty sure I cant remember one thing.. Oh by the way........... Romo was an All Star.

You can go now.

keep my name out your mouth. no one cares.

LOL. Hey, I put you 1 step above someone. It will probably be the last time that ever happens. Now go in the 24-7 room and get abused like you do every day.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Niners99:

There is a 0% chance the Tigers trade us Castellanos (a top 20 prospect) for a package like that. The Tigers said theyre satisfied with Benoit, and they arent in dire need of offense.

So satisfied with Benoit that they just traded for Jose Veras.

Was for Danry Vasquez, the Tigers #3/#4 ranked prospect and Veras is a rental.

Yes but Castellanos is their prize prospect and they wouldnt trade him for anything the Giants have to offer. Big drop from their #1 prospect to their 4th.

Totally different situations with both closers and both prospects. Tigers needed a closer and they got one on the cheap, I'm sure the cost for Papelbon, Romo, etc. was more than they were willing to do.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Niners99:

There is a 0% chance the Tigers trade us Castellanos (a top 20 prospect) for a package like that. The Tigers said theyre satisfied with Benoit, and they arent in dire need of offense.

So satisfied with Benoit that they just traded for Jose Veras.

Was for Danry Vasquez, the Tigers #3/#4 ranked prospect and Veras is a rental.

Yes but Castellanos is their prize prospect and they wouldnt trade him for anything the Giants have to offer. Big drop from their #1 prospect to their 4th.

Totally different situations with both closers and both prospects. Tigers needed a closer and they got one on the cheap, I'm sure the cost for Papelbon, Romo, etc. was more than they were willing to do.

Yep. I'm sure it was. They would have been pretty dumb to trade a top 20 guy for even Papelbon. I doubt Romo will go anywhere but I still think Javy Lopez will get traded.
via Rubberneck's text...

Giants at the White House today

Originally posted by boast:
via Rubberneck's text...

Giants at the White House today


Pablo swagged it out for the white house
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,486
10 games outta 1st Place and Last in the Division

geez! at least in 2011 we were more competitive
Hate to see someone like Pence go -- but according to various media reports I saw today he's as good as gone already -- a top prospect.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Hate to see someone like Pence go -- but according to various media reports I saw today he's as good as gone already -- a top prospect.

The Giants thread version of robniner
Are Kruk and Kuip still drinking the Kool-aid?
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
10 games outta 1st Place and Last in the Division

geez! at least in 2011 we were more competitive

Of course the upside to that is we'll probably get a very high pick (we're currently tied for the #4 pick). Our "competitive" 2011 finish gave us Chris Stratton in 2012.....he's ok, but he's not projected to be anything special. By comparison, the #4 pick this year netted the Twins the top HS pitcher in the draft, Kohl Stewart, and next year's draft is loaded by comparison. It's hard to overstate how valuable it is to have a top 5-10 pick in next year's draft.

Not saying I want us to play this badly or to be losing like this because it blows. But suffering through the s**tty seasons prior to drafting Posey, Timmy and MadBum was worth it for what they did in 2010 and 2012. Just taking the long view....
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com