There are 191 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
if we trade Romo, does that open the door a little wider for re-signing BWil?

I think we would have signed BWil already if he had shown he had anything left in the tank. Yes, baseball is a business. But the Giants also do show some loyalty to their former players. They weren't going to pay a bunch of money to someone coming off a second Tommy John, like Wilson, which is why they let him go. That was the business side of the deal.

On the loyalty side of the deal? The team gave Ryan Vogelsong a shot when nobody else would. They didn't have to do it. They could have shopped elsewhere for that fifth arm. But Vogey responded and won the job.

Short and sweet? If Wilson had anything left in his tank? Anything at all? He wouldn't be a free agent right now. He'd be on someone's roster.

reports are saying he's throwing 92-93 and he's almost there.

four offers from NL teams and one AL team. apparent front runners are the DBags and Pirates
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I think we would have signed BWil already if he had shown he had anything left in the tank. Yes, baseball is a business. But the Giants also do show some loyalty to their former players. They weren't going to pay a bunch of money to someone coming off a second Tommy John, like Wilson, which is why they let him go. That was the business side of the deal.

On the loyalty side of the deal? The team gave Ryan Vogelsong a shot when nobody else would. They didn't have to do it. They could have shopped elsewhere for that fifth arm. But Vogey responded and won the job.

Short and sweet? If Wilson had anything left in his tank? Anything at all? He wouldn't be a free agent right now. He'd be on someone's roster.

four offers from NL teams and one AL team. apparent front runners are the DBags and Pirates

no reason for us to sign wilson when we are out of it and he will be available next year
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

And that he has no less than four offers on the table. He'll get a gig somewhere.

Plus, it's clear that we're not really buyers at this point.

He should definitely go where he has a chance to get back to the playoffs and then he can come back to the Giants so I can wear my beard t-shirt again.
Originally posted by Garcia:
I would love to have Danry Vasquez.

He doesn't look to be anything more than a non-HGH version of Melky Cabrera...and it's going to be years before he turns into anything, maybe 2017 at the earliest. Definitely an interesting prospect, but I think Gustavo Cabrera at 17 is more interesting than Vasquez at 19.

And that he has no less than four offers on the table. He'll get a gig somewhere.

He should definitely go where he has a chance to get back to the playoffs and then he can come back to the Giants so I can wear my beard t-shirt again.

this. i fckin love that shirt. i still wear mine.

Wore it this weekend and a guy asked me what it was. Lol
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Wore it this weekend and a guy asked me what it was. Lol

i wore mine a week ago and someone said "Romo is fckin awesome!"
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs2m
Confirmed: Brett Pill, Roger Kieschnick have been removed from roster at Triple-A Fresno. More likely they are being promoted than dealt.
Confirmed: Brett Pill, Roger Kieschnick have been removed from roster at Triple-A Fresno. More likely they are being promoted than dealt.

Originally posted by vrabbit:

getting promoted cuz somebody else got dealt

It's about f**kING TIME.

Tanaka probably going down and someone has to be injured. Prepping for Pence to be dealt!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

getting promoted cuz somebody else got dealt

that might be the creepiest popcorn gif EVAR
I can haz?

Haven't worn it in over a year
Share 49ersWebzone