Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
This is the first time all season that I'm not looking forward to a game

You looked forward to Kickham against the Reds?

Don't think I watched that game, so it doesn't count. I meant more along the lines of I've kind of accepted this team just doesn't have ITthis year, and barring a miraclous turnaround, it's going to be a miserable rest of the season.

I had a lot of confidence we'd turn it around after the Padres and D Bags series, but the Reds series showed me a lot.

Yep. Not going to happen this year. I doubt it does next year either quite frankly unless Sabean figures out how to get 2 outfielders who can hit and 2 dependable starting pitchers.

More so than anything Sabean does/doesn't do, history isn't on our side to win it all again very soon. Historically, post-expansion teams just don't win more than 2 world championships in such a short period of time, other than:

- the Yankees (throughout their history)
- the 3-peat of the A's ('72, '73, '74)
- the Brooklyn/LA Dodgers ('55, '59, '63, '65)

Unless you're a Yankees fan recently, every other team in baseball can rip their GM for not being able to pull off more than 2 Championship teams in a short period of time. So when you doubt it will happen for us next year, I don't blame you, just probably for a different reason.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Giants to acquire Guillermo Moscosco from the Cubs system for cash or a player to be named

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/giants-to-acquire-guillermo-moscoso.html

Between Guillermo Rodriguez, Guillermo Mota, Guillermo Quiroz, and now Guillermo Moscoso, the Giants must have a thing for that name...

ALL THE GUILLERMOS!

lol the Giants have now owned 4 of the 6 guys named Guillermo who have ever played in the Major Leagues.
San Francisco Guillermo's
Not a shocker but the Giants have just 1 player on MLB's top 100 prospect... Kyle Crick. Pretty sad.
Not a shocker but the Giants have just 1 player on MLB's top 100 prospect... Kyle Crick. Pretty sad.

Not even Brown or Embree?

what we only had two last season right?
Originally posted by robniner:

Brown would be lucky to be a top 200 prospect now.
The suck baseball is on, even against the Cubs
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The suck baseball is on, even against the Cubs

Especially the day after Soriano got sent back where it all started
The DAWG is back! Front row in the bleachers! Looks like the Giants management read that SF Examiner article and the DAWG has been let back in!
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
The DAWG is back! Front row in the bleachers! Looks like the Giants management read that SF Examiner article and the DAWG has been let back in!

So far so good, only one run
Frenchy!
Giants take lead, good pitching, and belt f**ks up

Things are starting to go back to normal for the Giants :)

Brown would be lucky to be a top 200 prospect now.

damn is he that bad now?
what happened to him, wasn't he deemed untradeable (is that a word) a couple seasons ago?
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com