Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why aren't you guys saying Cain is untouchable? makes me sick

Because he shouldnt be. If someone wants to overpay for Cain with his $100 million dollar contract I would listen for sure. Posey and Bumgarner should truly be the only untouchables on this team.

This. Keep Posey and MadBum and put everyone else on the table. I'd trade Cain if I can get couple of good prospects. C'mon Yankees - you need pitching!

Even though I don't agree with it, I can understand why some people believe that Cain is not untouchable. However, you're crazy if you're willing to trade Cain for a couple "good" prospects. Even John and others who are for it would think that's ridiculous. It would take a handful of top prospects who are near MLB ready at the very least to acquire Cain.

Yep. The Giants are not in a position to deal Matt Cain for a couple of good prospects.
Sabean said on KNBR that given the mathematics (standings) of their current situation, it's time to turn the page on this season.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Sabean said on KNBR that given the mathematics (standings) of their current situation, it's time to turn the page on this season.

LOL No s**t Brian. The way the Dodgers are going they may beat us by 20 games

Fuuuuu no s**t but fuuuuuu

He really said that? Guess we will really be sellers at the deadline.

I'm surprised that someone within the organization has actually waved the white flag already though.

I'm surprised that someone within the organization has actually waved the white flag already though.

http://www.knbr.com/page.php?page_id=151

He says they're 'playing all sides' but what he says at the 14:30 mark of the interview is telling.

I didn't expect him to say it but I can't say I didn't expect them to be sellers.

He says they're 'playing all sides' but what he says at the 14:30 mark of the interview is telling.

I didn't expect him to say it but I can't say I didn't expect them to be sellers.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I'm just surprised he said it.
Fresno is getting kicked around by Salt Lake tonight. Pitching is their achilles, too.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2013_07_25_freaaa_slcaaa_1&t=g_box&sid=milb
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

LOL No s**t Brian. The way the Dodgers are going they may beat us by 20 games

seriously I'm glad he figured that out by himself maybe soon he'll come to the realization that he needs a LF.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I'm just surprised he said it.

Maybe he will finally get some good batting prospects.
Is Gaudin a FA after this year?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Id like to do what the Sharks did this year, sell not all but some minor pieces to bring in picks, in this case it would be prospects.

I'd like to give up Lopez or someone equivalent. Maybe even Gaudin? You think there would be a market for him? Just get something to help bring in some new young blood to our system.

Also, Sabs mentioned offering Timmy / Pence the 1 year qualifying offer for 13.5M. If they dont accept and sign elsewhere we get a first round pick per player, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM ]
Tank City Giants
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Is Gaudin a FA after this year?

Yep. Pretty sure he is.
I think Blanco and Belt need to go. Maybe B Craw can play Center. B Craw is meh too.

That draft pick 2nd basemen looks to replace him next year.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com