There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
lol
Found this article interesting, it's called The Curse of the Dawg

http://m.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/are-the-giants-suffering-from-curse-of-the-dawg/Content?oid=2521365
Reds didn't forget about the NLDS. They beat us like we stole something.
my prediction is that the only players that could get traded is Affeldt or Javy
Originally posted by Hopper:
Reds didn't forget about the NLDS. They beat us like we stole something.

losing 6 outta 7 to anyone is embarrassing.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Jul 25, 2013 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:

that would be a blessing to get rid of blowfeldt.
This team makes me sad.

Should definitely trade Pence, we can always re-sign him after the season is over.

I'd also trade Romo if the prospect back fills a hole. I love him, but it's silly to spend a ton of money on a bullpen in my opinion. Javy is also another good idea even though he's strictly a LOOGY, he has a job and does it pretty f**king well.

Affeldt is injured and his contract is too big so I don't see him going anywhere sadly.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

http://m.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/are-the-giants-suffering-from-curse-of-the-dawg/Content?oid=2521365

i believe it.
Originally posted by boast:

i believe it.

Seems plausible.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by boast:

i believe it.

Seems plausible.

are you pooping on my superstitions bruh?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Should definitely trade Pence, we can always re-sign him after the season is over.

I'd also trade Romo if the prospect back fills a hole. I love him, but it's silly to spend a ton of money on a bullpen in my opinion. Javy is also another good idea even though he's strictly a LOOGY, he has a job and does it pretty f**king well.

Affeldt is injured and his contract is too big so I don't see him going anywhere sadly.

I am all for trading Pence but it would take a lot for me to move Romo right now. I'd love to move Affeldt but as you say that wont be happening.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I am all for trading Pence but it would take a lot for me to move Romo right now. I'd love to move Affeldt but as you say that wont be happening.

For me, it would take Nick Castellanos at the least to trade Romo (I'd also through Lopez in there) but I don't think the Tigers would do that.

Otherwise I'd stand pat, I don't think anyone else really needs a closer. I love Romo, but his spot could be filled immediately by Casilla (not that he'd be better but he's a viable replacement) and could be a bridge to Hembree once he gets it together.
i would trade everyone on this team besides belt, posey, crawford, and bumgarner. I don't think this team will trade anybody, doe. I knew that the Pagan and Affeldt contracts were going to hurt the team. That's 17 million down the toilet.

BTW, how's melky looking this year?
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com