There are 214 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Last time Sandoval played first, he tore his hamstring up. He wont be playing any 1B.

still better than belt
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Last time Sandoval played first, he tore his hamstring up. He wont be playing any 1B.

still better than belt

no.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Not a shocker but the Giants have just 1 player on MLB's top 100 prospect... Kyle Crick. Pretty sad.

Not even Brown or Embree?

Embree lol. Give up on being a Giants fan.

Youre off the bandwagon....

I have no choice but being a giants fan
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
hi John

Belt blew it, not Romo. You can leave.

Oh yeah, Belt put runners on, I must have missed that part

Dude, just stop, lol.

you can lulz all you want, but I understand the role of a closer. It means to CLOSE the door. Not throw more walks than strikes, put 2 runners on before getting an out, put your first baseman having to play behind a great runner. oh and BTW Romo got some sweet heart calls too.

This forum can continue to believe that Romo is a true closer, but I understand the truth, he is a great setup man.

And like I said at the beginning of the season. Romo will blow saves in an increasing amount as the season progresses and he WON"T be our biggest problem

lol "throw walks"? What are you, a chick? Are you hoping the Giants hit a touchdown?

Romo is one the most elite K/BB pitchers in baseball. Hes in the top 5 for career K/BB of every active pitcher. You have no idea what youre talking about. Romo closed a WS, and looked dominant doing it. Move along.

posting errors aside lets talk real baseball. Let's say Belt makes that play. Who actually saved the game....Romo or Panda?

You're done. See you at the next match

No use talking baseball with someone who doesnt know anything about it, and only posts in this thread once a month when Romo blows a save.

A closers job is to get 3 outs without allowing the tying run to score. Romo struck out DeJesus, got a near double play grounder, then got another grounder right to Belt. He did his job, but unfortunately Belt did not. Theres nothing else to argue here.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
hi John

Belt blew it, not Romo. You can leave.

Oh yeah, Belt put runners on, I must have missed that part

Dude, just stop, lol.

you can lulz all you want, but I understand the role of a closer. It means to CLOSE the door. Not throw more walks than strikes, put 2 runners on before getting an out, put your first baseman having to play behind a great runner. oh and BTW Romo got some sweet heart calls too.

This forum can continue to believe that Romo is a true closer, but I understand the truth, he is a great setup man.

And like I said at the beginning of the season. Romo will blow saves in an increasing amount as the season progresses and he WON"T be our biggest problem

Only thing you proved here is your complete lack of baseball and Romo knowledge. That is why we laugh at you when you come in here after Romo has an off night.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
you chicks are funny
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Youre off the bandwagon....

I have no choice but being a giants fan

1. I'm not talking to you.
2. I surely hope English isn't your first language.
3. What the f**king does me being on or off a bandwagon have to do with some fool mixing up Heath Hembree and Alan Embree?
One thing about Danimal... He makes Garcia look like a baseball genius in comparison.

It isnt even worth the time to debate someone who obviously has one agenda. All he cares about is coming in this thread to rip on Romo when he blows a save. Can't you get banned for being an obnoxious troll?
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:
you chicks are funny

I think I am pretty happy that I watched a movie with the wife rather than see the game tonight. At this point its just embarrassing.

Throw walks
Even though they haven't won a world series YET, I really like how Tampa Bay runs their organization-very strong farm system, very very strong scouting, and being fiscal responsible.
Even though they haven't won a world series YET, I really like how Tampa Bay runs their organization-very strong farm system, very very strong scouting, and being fiscal responsible.

I do think it's interesting though that the Rays have had only 1 player from their last 5 drafts make it to the majors (SS Derek Dietrich, their 2010 2nd round supplemental pick who is now with the Marlins). During that same time (2008-2013), we've had 11 players make it to the majors, including 3 starters on our WS team last year (all-everything Posey, Crawford, Belt)...not to mention Zach Wheeler.

One could also argue that their overall haul from 2007 and 2006 was better than ours, with the drafting of David Price, Evan Longoria, Desmond Jennings, Hellickson, etc., but we also got Timmy and MadBum during those years, which isn't too shabby.

I also believe we have 1 more player in BA's mid-season top 50 prospects (Kyle Crick) than the Rays do (they have none) with the promotion of Meyers and the Tommy John surgery of Guerrieri.

Unfortunately, most of our really good talent is at or below high-A (ton of great arms, a legit catcher prospect in Susac and some interesting young bats in Williamson, Arroyo, Jones, Villalona, Cabrera) so it's hard to get a really good gauge on the overall quality, considering they're so far away from making an impact. However, if things continue the way they're going this year, we could have a top 10 pick next year, 1-2 first round sandwich picks (QOs for either or both Timmy and Hunter) and a high 2nd round pick in what's considered a very strong 2014 draft.

So by 2015, it's not a stretch to see our farm system being considered top-10.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I do think it's interesting though that the Rays have had only 1 player from their last 5 drafts make it to the majors (SS Derek Dietrich, their 2010 2nd round supplemental pick who is now with the Marlins). During that same time (2008-2013), we've had 11 players make it to the majors, including 3 starters on our WS team last year (all-everything Posey, Crawford, Belt)...not to mention Zach Wheeler.

One could also argue that their overall haul from 2007 and 2006 was better than ours, with the drafting of David Price, Evan Longoria, Desmond Jennings, Hellickson, etc., but we also got Timmy and MadBum during those years, which isn't too shabby.

I also believe we have 1 more player in BA's mid-season top 50 prospects (Kyle Crick) than the Rays do (they have none) with the promotion of Meyers and the Tommy John surgery of Guerrieri.

Unfortunately, most of our really good talent is at or below high-A (ton of great arms, a legit catcher prospect in Susac and some interesting young bats in Williamson, Arroyo, Jones, Villalona, Cabrera) so it's hard to get a really good gauge on the overall quality, considering they're so far away from making an impact. However, if things continue the way they're going this year, we could have a top 10 pick next year, 1-2 first round sandwich picks (QOs for Timmy and Hunter) and a high 2nd round pick in what's considered a very strong 2014 draft.

Nice prospects below AA-AAA are found in most every farm system though. Its how they advance into AA-AAA that really matters. If most of our A ball prospects make the leap to the next level, then we could have a top 10 system. But if a good chunk of them prove that once the level of competition took a jump, they started to fade, then we could be right back in the bottom.

I think outside some of our most highly touted guys like Crick and Stratton, I think most scouts would say "I need to see more" before they declared most of our guys promising.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Unfortunately, most of our really good talent is at or below high-A (ton of great arms, a legit catcher prospect in Susac and some interesting young bats in Williamson, Arroyo, Jones, Villalona, Cabrera) so it's hard to get a really good gauge on the overall quality, considering they're so far away from making an impact. However, if things continue the way they're going this year, we could have a top 10 pick next year, 1-2 first round sandwich picks (QOs for Timmy and Hunter) and a high 2nd round pick in what's considered a very strong 2014 draft.

Nice prospects below AA-AAA are found in most every farm system though. Its how they advance into AA-AAA that really matters. If most of our A ball prospects make the leap to the next level, then we could have a top 10 system. But if a good chunk of them prove that once the level of competition took a jump, they started to fade, then we could be right back in the bottom.

I think outside some of our most highly touted guys like Crick and Stratton, I think most scouts would say "I need to see more" before they declared most of our guys promising.

It's not a stretch to say a prospect is "promising" when he's producing great results at or below an age-appropriate level. That said, it's true that the real test will be AA for many of these guys...which is why it's nice to see Susac playing very well, Villalona hitting for power/producing runs/maintaining a decent average for the league in a short sample size, and LHP Escobar doing the same so far in his AA starts. But yes, I did qualify my statement by saying that it's hard to get a real gauge on these guys given they're far away.

2014 will be a huge year for the system, when guys like Crick, Escobar, Mejia, Villalona, Williamson, Blach, Blackburn and maybe even Stratton/Agosta at some point prove their worth in the Eastern League.
Share 49ersWebzone