There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

whatever happens i hope we add another big bat this offseason, posey must be friggin frustrated.
I think I'm about ready to head into Niner Talk, that's how bad this is.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Sucks for Surkamp, I think he's had 3 rehab starts (from TJ surgery mind you) to work up his pitch count in the minors and then they throw him up here.

They didn't need or expect him to throw a complete game....they were just hoping to get 4-5 decent innings out of him, then likely piggy-back with Petit.
Originally posted by Muggins:
I think I'm about ready to head into Niner Talk, that's how bad this is.

lol, that's when you know it's bad.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Sucks for Surkamp, I think he's had 3 rehab starts (from TJ surgery mind you) to work up his pitch count in the minors and then they throw him up here.

They didn't need or expect him to throw a complete game....they were just hoping to get 4-5 decent innings out of him, then likely piggy-back with Petit.

Just saying, they may have rushed him a little bit and clearly it didn't work out.

Just saying, they may have rushed him a little bit and clearly it didn't work out.

I hear ya, and I'd love to think that he was just rushed back, but I tend to think he just doesn't have good enough stuff to be a big-league pitcher.

I hear ya, and I'd love to think that he was just rushed back, but I tend to think he just doesn't have good enough stuff to be a big-league pitcher.

I also agree with that, however this situation just wasn't set up for him to succeed. They NEEDED this game and Zito should have gone first (splitting hairs at this point but he's the vet).
Francoeur has been getting good wood on the ball
If the Giants allow 10 runs again in this series I'm ready to convert into an Oakland Athletics fan
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If the Giants allow 10 runs again in this series I'm ready to convert into an Oakland Athletics fan

Quoted to hold over you head forever
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Quoted to hold over you head forever

Two more runs and I'm jumping into McCovey Cove

Well the A's are a lot more fun to watch right now.
silver lining from this game is Petit is looking very good.

You are both right. The Giants pitching at the higher minor league level is comparable to their LF situation. Both are an embarrassment.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
silver lining from this game is Petit is looking very good.

He doesn't have very good velocity. Not convinced he's MLB quality either. The Fresno starting pitching doesn't have much potential.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com