There are 197 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

I'll admit I'm not familiar with the repertoires of most MLB pitchers - who would you guys say has a nastier slider than romo's?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I'll admit I'm not familiar with the repertoires of most MLB pitchers - who would you guys say has a nastier slider than romo's?

God, Jesus & Oprah

robb nen

Harvey's is up there:

But he throws it harder and the break is sharper.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jul 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:

robb nen

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Holy f**k this is dirty:

f**k, wouldn't stand a chance

wiffleball status

Harvey's slider is great but 2 other guys who immediately come to mind as well are Yu Darvish and Clayton Kershaw. Just sick sliders.
White Castle
  • Garce
  • Veteran
need to get this split.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
White Castle

lol

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Harvey's slider is great but 2 other guys who immediately come to mind as well are Yu Darvish and Clayton Kershaw. Just sick sliders.

Gregerson's is pretty insane too and he throws three pretty different-looking ones:

The thing that's craziest to me with Romo is right-handed batters KNOW IT'S COMING and still flail at it all the time.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jul 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Gregerson's is pretty insane too and he throws three pretty different-looking ones:

The thing that's craziest to me with Romo is right-handed batters KNOW IT'S COMING and still flail at it all the time.

THIS! Can't think of too many non-knuckleball pitches from anyone that have the same type of whiffle ball action.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM ]
Romo has the best slider of anyone in a bullpen to say the least.

There are ones with sharper bite and better velocity, but when it comes to throwing it with pinpoint accuracy and deception, Romo's is the best.

Romo throws that slider almost 100% of the time, and everybody in the stadium knows its coming, but the batter just cannot hit it. Its fun to watch guys swing through it over and over despite the fact that it was the same pitch in the same spot that keeps diving down.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I think you got to factor in Javier Lopez' slider as well.

Dude is filthy from 3 different arm angles, makes it all the more impressive.
Share 49ersWebzone