Originally posted by SF69ers:
Sign BWeezy, cut Kontos.

THIS!
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Giants coaches attended Brian Wilson's workout at USF. word is he looked very good, 94 Mph fastball, good cutter and command of his change.

SIGN HIM NOW! I am convinced he was the attitude and heartbeat of our team

Just do it. At least he's entertaining. Plus, I still have his jersey.

If he can show that he still can throw hard (95+) then I would not be surprised. WIlson is not someone who can get by with an average fastball. It will also depend, of course, on how realistic he is on his salary demands. I would want to give him a low base with high incentives.

Apparently he looked MLB-ready, worth taking a flyer if he still wants to be a Giant.

as a setup guy, right? (8th inning)

Nah he'd want Romo to GTFO
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Giants coaches attended Brian Wilson's workout at USF. word is he looked very good, 94 Mph fastball, good cutter and command of his change.

SIGN HIM NOW! I am convinced he was the attitude and heartbeat of our team

Just do it. At least he's entertaining. Plus, I still have his jersey.

If he can show that he still can throw hard (95+) then I would not be surprised. WIlson is not someone who can get by with an average fastball. It will also depend, of course, on how realistic he is on his salary demands. I would want to give him a low base with high incentives.

Apparently he looked MLB-ready, worth taking a flyer if he still wants to be a Giant.

as a setup guy, right? (8th inning)

Absolutely. Romo is our closer now.
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic 1m Game 1 lineup is without Belt: Torres CF, Scutaro 2B, Posey 1B, Sandoval 3B, Pence RF, Francoeur LF, Quiroz C, Crawford SS, Surkamp LHP
How has Frenchy been since you guys brought him up?
Originally posted by valrod33:
How has Frenchy been since you guys brought him up?

Has looked ok. He doesnt have to be all that good to be an upgrade in LF.
Petit is up, hopefully they're sending Kontos back.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic 1m Game 1 lineup is without Belt: Torres CF, Scutaro 2B, Posey 1B, Sandoval 3B, Pence RF, Francoeur LF, Quiroz C, Crawford SS, Surkamp LHP

WHERE THE F IS BELT

#SFGiants have purchased contract of Yusmeiro Petit and have optioned George Kontos to triple-A Fresno...40-man move is TBA

Originally posted by Garcia:

WHERE THE F IS BELT

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

WHERE THE F IS BELT

Posey for sure not catching both games. Don't agree with it but he's playing the matchups again (Frency in LF, Torres in CF).

#SFGiants have purchased contract of Yusmeiro Petit and have optioned George Kontos to triple-A Fresno...40-man move is TBA

Wouldn't be shocked if they released Chris Heston. They should release Runzler, but they love their LHP too much.

WHERE THE F IS BELT

Posey for sure not catching both games. Don't agree with it but he's playing the matchups again (Frency in LF, Torres in CF).

Exactly.

Wouldn't be shocked if they released Chris Heston. They should release Runzler, but they love their LHP too much.

They already DFA's Heston when they signed Frenchy. Runzler of course should be next but won't. Looks like Strickland is on the chopping block or will be moved to the 60 day DL.
Share 49ersWebzone