LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

just saw the last out of tonight's game on Sportscenter
Its almost baseball law. The start a pitcher makes after he throws a perfect game is almost always a disaster.

Wilson apparently looked good for a Giants workout, so maybe pen help is on the way.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I blame the Royal Baby
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
8th inning, 11-0...slightly different than 1st inning, 3-0.

Ghost. Lighten up. It was a joke

I wasn't mad at all..interwebs postings can be a little deceiving. All is well my friend.

All you can do is laugh about a game like this. I know it sucks to be this bad but I cant get over the fact that the Giants actually won 2 WS in 3 years with a fairly average roster. Luck was truly on our side both years. Now.... not so much.

We definitely weren't the best teams either year, but I lived long enough to see my SF Giants win titles, so I can now die a happy camper. I think that might be why I'm a little less critical of this front office than some, as all I cared about was my team winning a World Series. The fact that they won 2 has me in more of a forgiving mood regarding the current mess on the field. But it's true, luck played as much a part in our wins as anything else....but I'll take it!

Same here although I cant help myself when it comes to being critical of Sabean. I wanted his ass fired for years for bad decision after bad decision. Give me one more WS title, 3 more Superbowl wins, and a Warriors title and I will have all I need.

Obviously the Giants winning those 2 WS was a dream come true for all Giants fans, but in a way I think its brought on a couple negative aspects. Well worth it, but they exist.

First off, its made the fanbase spoiled. Before 2010, its almost like winning a title was such a dream because it had been 55 years, that the fans were more understanding of the ups and downs of the season. They used to expect less, or be more understanding of a failed season. Now its like we hit a slump, and everyone throws a fit that we arent on our way to a 3rd title in 4 years.

The other negative is that when youve been waiting and hoping for something to happen for years and years (decades and decades for some), it almost becomes a way of life as a fan of that team. The Giants being held without a title for 55 years was part of our culture, just like it was for the Red Sox up until 2004, and still is for Cubs fans. Clearly its better to have won, but it almost takes away a little bit of fire. We have 2 recent titles, so in the end a bitter finish to a season wont stick with you very long. Not like it used to.

Heck, ive even shrugged off the 2002 World Series now. Something I thought id never be able to do. I still get annoyed when I think about how we blew it, but we have our titles now, so it isnt something to grind on.
^Russ Ortiz should have never taken the game ball from Dusty.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Giants coaches attended Brian Wilson's workout at USF. word is he looked very good, 94 Mph fastball, good cutter and command of his change.

SIGN HIM NOW! I am convinced he was the attitude and heartbeat of our team

Just do it. At least he's entertaining. Plus, I still have his jersey.
Originally posted by Garcia:
I blame the Royal Baby

I blame you. The Giants won World Series when you didnt post in here as much.
Originally posted by Niners99:
8th inning, 11-0...slightly different than 1st inning, 3-0.

Ghost. Lighten up. It was a joke

I wasn't mad at all..interwebs postings can be a little deceiving. All is well my friend.

All you can do is laugh about a game like this. I know it sucks to be this bad but I cant get over the fact that the Giants actually won 2 WS in 3 years with a fairly average roster. Luck was truly on our side both years. Now.... not so much.

We definitely weren't the best teams either year, but I lived long enough to see my SF Giants win titles, so I can now die a happy camper. I think that might be why I'm a little less critical of this front office than some, as all I cared about was my team winning a World Series. The fact that they won 2 has me in more of a forgiving mood regarding the current mess on the field. But it's true, luck played as much a part in our wins as anything else....but I'll take it!

Same here although I cant help myself when it comes to being critical of Sabean. I wanted his ass fired for years for bad decision after bad decision. Give me one more WS title, 3 more Superbowl wins, and a Warriors title and I will have all I need.

Obviously the Giants winning those 2 WS was a dream come true for all Giants fans, but in a way I think its brought on a couple negative aspects. Well worth it, but they exist.

First off, its made the fanbase spoiled. Before 2010, its almost like winning a title was such a dream because it had been 55 years, that the fans were more understanding of the ups and downs of the season. They used to expect less, or be more understanding of a failed season. Now its like we hit a slump, and everyone throws a fit that we arent on our way to a 3rd title in 4 years.

The other negative is that when youve been waiting and hoping for something to happen for years and years (decades and decades for some), it almost becomes a way of life as a fan of that team. The Giants being held without a title for 55 years was part of our culture, just like it was for the Red Sox up until 2004, and still is for Cubs fans. Clearly its better to have won, but it almost takes away a little bit of fire. We have 2 recent titles, so in the end a bitter finish to a season wont stick with you very long. Not like it used to.

Heck, ive even shrugged off the 2002 World Series now. Something I thought id never be able to do. I still get annoyed when I think about how we blew it, but we have our titles now, so it isnt something to grind on.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
resign BWil. I'm convinced he has something to do with our missing mojo.
Originally posted by boast:
resign BWil. I'm convinced he has something to do with our missing mojo.

this

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Yep. Ortiz was the goat of that series. Well, at least that is what Garcia thinks.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Yep. Ortiz was the goat of that series. Well, at least that is what Garcia thinks.

don't even start!
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Giants coaches attended Brian Wilson's workout at USF. word is he looked very good, 94 Mph fastball, good cutter and command of his change.

If he can show that he still can throw hard (95+) then I would not be surprised. WIlson is not someone who can get by with an average fastball. It will also depend, of course, on how realistic he is on his salary demands. I would want to give him a low base with high incentives.

If he can show that he still can throw hard (95+) then I would not be surprised. WIlson is not someone who can get by with an average fastball. It will also depend, of course, on how realistic he is on his salary demands. I would want to give him a low base with high incentives.

Apparently he looked MLB-ready, worth taking a flyer if he still wants to be a Giant.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Apparently he looked MLB-ready, worth taking a flyer if he still wants to be a Giant.

as a setup guy, right? (8th inning)
Share 49ersWebzone