Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Wow guys, it's just the first inning.

Is it time to get pissed now?

HEY! It's just the 2nd inning

Or you can just give up on your team after 1 1/2 innings.

there's believing in your team and then there is denial

Denial because I say it's only the 2nd inning? Wow.

you seriously believe that this team will overcome this deficit and win tonight?

Lincecum has only allowed 5 runs so there is still hope.

You mean 6 runs, right?
I really don't know and I don't even care. I just think it's a p***y move to give up on your team so early....but hey, I'm an old guy raised in a different era so wtf do I know?

When it was 3-0, thats one swing of the bat. 6 runs and 3 homers pisses me off
reds got too much power, they are legit contenders, not to mention they probably play us with a little extra something for what we did to them last year. hoping we can atleast split this series.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
reds got too much power, they are legit contenders, not to mention they probably play us with a little extra something for what we did to them last year. hoping we can atleast split this series.

With Surkamp and Zito pitching tomorrow it would be a miracle if we could get a series split.

If you want. It's a long season though so I don't see the point of getting pissed on July 22nd being only 5.5 games back.

Ghost. I watch the Dodgers every night. There isnt a snowball's chance in hell we are finishing ahead of that team.

Trust me it definitely doesn't look good and yes it's going to take a miracle and then some for us. I'm just not ready to give up on them in late July.

Not giving up. I keep watching. But the Giants are just not a very good team in 2013. Sabean overrated the team and the guys he signed back and its biting him in the ass.

The Dodgers are WAY better at 1b, ss, LF, CF, RF, starting pitching and even the pen. Really the Giants are only way better at C. I dont know what our brilliant GM is going to do to be competitive but they better do something or they will find themselves back in mediocrity looking up at LA for more than just 2013.

You have to admit, it does help to have a $240M payroll.
f**k. Boch has to let TIMMY sit in ther because we have a damn doubleheader and he can't kill the pen tonight

If you want. It's a long season though so I don't see the point of getting pissed on July 22nd being only 5.5 games back.

Ghost. I watch the Dodgers every night. There isnt a snowball's chance in hell we are finishing ahead of that team.

Trust me it definitely doesn't look good and yes it's going to take a miracle and then some for us. I'm just not ready to give up on them in late July.

Not giving up. I keep watching. But the Giants are just not a very good team in 2013. Sabean overrated the team and the guys he signed back and its biting him in the ass.

The Dodgers are WAY better at 1b, ss, LF, CF, RF, starting pitching and even the pen. Really the Giants are only way better at C. I dont know what our brilliant GM is going to do to be competitive but they better do something or they will find themselves back in mediocrity looking up at LA for more than just 2013.

That would really suck.

I enjoy watching the Dodgers lose almost as much as I enjoy watching the Giants win. It's actually pretty close.

Yes it does. The Giants have to be smart with their money. Smart with money and Sabean should not go in the same sentence.
So I take it Lincecum's swan song was last week and he's officially fell off the deep end

Yes it does. The Giants have to be smart with their money. Smart with money and Sabean should not go in the same sentence.

True, but multiple world series champion GM does.

This team is poorly constructed and not playing well in any phase, there's no doubt about it, and it would be a miracle if they ended up above .500 much less in the post-season. But they should have enough payroll flexibility next year to be very competitive, so I'm just not ready to concede future NL West titles to the Dodgers just yet.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM ]
On the prospect front, SS Matt Duffy has been promoted from Augusta to San Jose.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=SS&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=622110
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
On the prospect front, SS Matt Duffy has been promoted from Augusta to San Jose.

2 for 3 with 2 doubles and an RBI so far tonight here in SJ.

Nice. He must be thrilled to be promoted and back in California.

Nice. He must be thrilled to be promoted and back in California.

Definitely better than spending a summer in Georgia!
Share 49ersWebzone