There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

WHAT????

Thu, Jul 18

Though the Tigers aren't on Tim Lincecum's no-trade list, Jon Heyman was told that their trading for the righty and making him their closer would be "far-fetched."

Advice: FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi reported over the weekend that the Tigers were one of a few teams interested in Lincecum as a reliever, but it never really passed the sniff test. The Giants still think they have a shot at the playoffs and want to keep Lincecum as part of their rotation.

-Yahoo Sports
Originally posted by robniner:
WHAT????

Thu, Jul 18

Though the Tigers aren't on Tim Lincecum's no-trade list, Jon Heyman was told that their trading for the righty and making him their closer would be "far-fetched."

Advice: FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi reported over the weekend that the Tigers were one of a few teams interested in Lincecum as a reliever, but it never really passed the sniff test. The Giants still think they have a shot at the playoffs and want to keep Lincecum as part of their rotation.

-Yahoo Sports

Isn't that old news? Or am I missing something?
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
WHAT????

Thu, Jul 18

-Yahoo Sports

Isn't that old news? Or am I missing something?

Seems the Tigers want him in some way.

Just wanted to pass this along.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Bumgarner on the mound today
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The Pirates have inquired about Pence

"CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Pirates have expressed interest in trading for Hunter Pence."

-Yahoo Sports

Lol at the Pirates wanting to trade with the Giants.

Gerrit Cole for Pence!

Kidding.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

"CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Pirates have expressed interest in trading for Hunter Pence."

-Yahoo Sports

Gerrit Cole for Pence!

Kidding.

Oh what the hell.. I will settle for Jamison Taillon.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

-Yahoo Sports

Gerrit Cole for Pence!

Kidding.

In all seriousness, I think it would probably take Taillon for the Giants to be "overwhelmed."

So I doubt he gets traded.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

-Yahoo Sports

Gerrit Cole for Pence!

Kidding.

In all seriousness, I think it would probably take Taillon for the Giants to be "overwhelmed."

So I doubt he gets traded.

If we sweep tonight, I think Sabean will be on the phone trying to get a bullpen arm and a LF. What a difference a week or 2 makes in the morale and outlook of a teams season.

Its kind of cute that the Pirates are trying to beef up for a WS run. Dont get me wrong, theyre a good team, but when youve been relying on Jeff Locke, A.J. Burnett, Charlie Morton, Francisco Liriano's ghost, and rookie Gerrit Cole on an innings limit as your rotation, I have a hard time seeing a run deep into the playoffs.

Locke will come back to earth eventually, Burnett and Liriano will both get hurt at some point, Cole is just a kid who wont be fooling any playoff caliber teams after a scouting report is out on him, and Morton sucks. Pitching wins titles, and the Pirates just dont have a championship caliber staff.
torture is back
do the friggin dodgers ever lose anymore?! seems like they won 20 in a row.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
do the friggin dodgers ever lose anymore?! seems like they won 20 in a row.

Better they get hot in June/July than August/September.
f**k tanaka, that one is on you, hope you get some spirited at bats to make up for that run you cost us.
At this point in terms of trades, my attitude is let this home stand play out before making trades and then see where we are in the standings.

If after next Sunday (July 28th) we are more than 5 games out, then I think we should sell a few pieces if there are good offers.

However, if we are within 5 games of first then I would prefer we stand pat or make a small to mid level trade or two and upgrade the roster.

Meaning our lower level pitching, Sucac, and Williamson would be off limits. If players like Gary Brown, Roger Kiechnick (sp), Francisco Peguero, Brett Pill, Heath Hembree, Joe Panik, Angel Villalona could net a piece or two to upgrade our roster for the stretch drive then I'm all for it.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jul 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
its time to bring back Weezy

For reals!

would really help our struggling pen
Nice going Flannery could've had 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs

It's not like Buster is fast f**king stupid

And then Pence swings 3-0
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jul 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM ]
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com