There are 244 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Garza will not pitch tonight for #Cubs, deal with #Rangers near.
Henry Schulman ‏@hankschulman 2m I'm told #sfgiants have made NO offers for Garza. Contrary to a report involving Brown or Susac. Tho always possible teams threw out names
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Henry Schulman ‏@hankschulman 2m I'm told #sfgiants have made NO offers for Garza. Contrary to a report involving Brown or Susac. Tho always possible teams threw out names

Thank goodness. I wouldnt give up either for the rental of a couple of months of Garza. Screw that.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Thank goodness. I wouldnt give up either for the rental of a couple of months of Garza. Screw that.

Olt and CJ Edwards, #2 and #17 according to Sickels although Edwards has been killing it this year.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jul 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM ]

Olt and CJ Edwards, #2 and #17 according to Sickels although Edwards has been killing it this year.

Good deal for the Cubbies. Looks like they actually got 1 or 2 more players as well.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM ]

Good deal for the Cubs if thats the case.

Yep, Cubs now have a pretty damn good, young and under control infield now.

Not bad although I think they could use an upgrade at 2B over Darwin Barney.

Not bad although I think they could use an upgrade at 2B over Darwin Barney.

Definitely the weak link but I think Baez or Lake will probably be up in a couple of years and make the move to 2B.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jul 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM ]
I'm glad the Rangers made the trade to get Garza, at least I can keep peace and mind that the Giants didn't give up quality prospects for a two month rental
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I don't think the Giants should trade for anyone this year. But the G's have to make a quick decision on what to do with Pablo. He's a FA after next year and I don't think he's worth big money. He cannot stay healthy, he's continuously overweight, and he cannot continuously carry a team on offense like Posey. Within the next six months may be the best time to trade him IF Pablo isn't in the long-term plans for the Giants. Pence will be another hard decision to make. Do they bring him back and overpay him, or do they offer the qualifying offer to him and watch him sign with another team?

The Giants should start planning on who will be the Third Baseman after the 2014 season. I expect Pablo to get his act together and put up a big year next season since it's his contract year.

Should the Giants be competitive next season, you offer him a QO and pick up an extra draft pick for the 2015 draft. Should the Giants fall out of contention next season then you trade him to the highest bidder.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jul 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM ]

Amy G reporting Surkamp is at AT&T, so that's that
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Zito from the rotation
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Zito from the rotation