LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I have a bad feeling about this Reds series...

ha me too, they pure power hitters on there against zito and kickham? doesn't seem like a good match up, hope im wrong.

I thought Kickham pitched recently and won't be ready to pitch on Tuesday? I know some of the beat writers were speculating that Surkamp was gonna make one of the starts.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I have a bad feeling about this Reds series...

With Zito and Surkamp pitching the double header, you aren't the only one. Lincecum and Gaudin better be on their A game so we could get a split, then sweep the Cubs at the same time hope the Dodgers and Dbacks lose more games than we do in this next week.

It just so happens the Dbacks host the Cubs and Padres for the up coming week.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jul 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM ]
lol the Reds are probably so eager to get here. They get to face Lincecum after his no hitter (which is almost always a poor start), Kickham, Zito, and Gaudin. Somehow they miss Bumgarner and Cain...
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol the Reds are probably so eager to get here. They get to face Lincecum after his no hitter (which is almost always a poor start), Kickham, Zito, and Gaudin. Somehow they miss Bumgarner and Cain...

so is it Kickham or Surkamp? (for gm 2)
Originally posted by Niners99:

I dont think anyone would mind facing Matt Cain right now.
Hey guys. I'm finally taking a trip back out west to finally catch a Giants game, against the Reds on Wed night. Me and my son are looking forward to it since we live in Alabama, we only get to see them when we play the Braves in Atlanta. Our first time ever to AT&T !

Was planning on doing the Niners Packers game, and DBacks Gianta at the beginning of Sept, but my grandma is now going into hospice care, and I figured to spend time with her while she was alive than at her funeral

Question, it's a 7pm game what time should we get there to get close to any ball players on the field for warmups? Like 5?

Hope we can split this series against the Reds.
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM ]
And who is starting Wed night?
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
And who is starting Wed night?

Chad Gaudin
Hey guys. I'm finally taking a trip back out west to finally catch a Giants game, against the Reds on Wed night. Me and my son are looking forward to it since we live in Alabama, we only get to see them when we play the Braves in Atlanta. Our first time ever to AT&T !

Was planning on doing the Niners Packers game, and DBacks Gianta at the beginning of Sept, but my grandma is now going into hospice care, and I figured to spend time with her while she was alive than at her funeral

Question, it's a 7pm game what time should we get there to get close to any ball players on the field for warmups? Like 5?

5 and earlier if you can, find out how soon doors open. Home BP may be over by the time doors open

Yeah like 5:30-6....I like getting there early because unless you have seat in foul territory, being in the bleachers during BP is the best way to get a ball

Heard on knbr giants are in the drivers seat to get Matt garza, radnich show
Trade anyone but crick is fine with me, if not a rental

This would be idiotic since Matt Garza is a FA at the end of the season. At this point I wouldn't even give up fringe prospects for a two month rental. If we are going to buy I much rather try to get Peavy and Rios from the Whitesox if taking on salary and only parting with marginal prospects would get the job done since neither of them would be free agents until after the 2014 season.

I'm hoping it's just speculation and this won't happen. We already have a depleted farm system, and to be trading from our depleted system for a two month rental at this point would be extremely stupid
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jul 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM ]

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Sabean must be driving the short bus.
Share 49ersWebzone