There are 202 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Mijares has been pretty clutch as of late
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs1m
In case you forgot, in 2010, Affeldt blew out his oblique in bullpen in Arizona July 23. The Giants responded by getting Javier Lopez.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Groin. Affeldt will be going on DL.

f**king fragile Jeremy... great re-signing, Sabean.

I wish we could trade Pagan, Affeldt, and Scutaro.
f**king hell guess we wanted to blow all of the rest our bullpen got during the all-star break
Kuip

Why Scutaro? .313 batting average and knows how to work a count better than anyone I've seen in recent memory. Plus, his swing and approach can last in this league for a couple more years, despite his age.

Why Scutaro? .313 batting average and knows how to work a count better than anyone I've seen in recent memory. Plus, his swing and approach can last in this league for a couple more years, despite his age.

Because he isnt worth the money for the next 2 years. Nor is Pagan or Afffeldt. Scutaro has a good average but his defense has been awful and he gives you no power or speed. He simply was overpaid.
Just to give you some stats on Scutaro and why I dont think he is worth it...........

2 HRS
22 RBI
21 extra base hits in 325 at bats
1 steal ( tonight)
Negative Defensive War
2nd most errors among 1B in all of baseball

So... while he gives you a decent average he really doesnt give you much else. Certainly not worth about 15-16 Million left on his deal
Just to give you some stats on Scutaro and why I dont think he is worth it...........

2 HRS
22 RBI
21 extra base hits in 325 at bats
1 steal ( tonight)
Negative Defensive War
2nd most errors among 1B in all of baseball

So... while he gives you a decent average he really doesnt give you much else. Certainly not worth about 15-16 Million left on his deal

I can buy the argument that he's overpaid, but he does a lot of things that don't show up on a stat sheet. He knows how to make a pitcher work and rarely strikes out. I wonder if there's a stat for how many pitches he sees per at-bat. He's also an excellent situational hitter.

And just personally, I look forward to Scutaro's at-bats more so than anyone on the team besides Posey. I love his opposite field approach, and having two strikes on him means absolutely noting. Ideal No. 2 hitter, imo.
BOOM!

Good win. Romo closes it out. Another night of no Danimal
Got heem?
good s**t Romo
Did guy on SportsNet just say Giants beat the D-bags?
[ Edited by SportsFan on Jul 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone