There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
Whats interesting about Chris Davis, ninerjohn wants to talk about how teams dont give up a lot for relievers, well.....

Chris Davis, although he was an older prospect (25 - he is 27 now) was traded for Kenji Uehara and a 1B they got from the pirates for Chris David AND Tommy Hunter (whos ERA is sub-3 right now).

If the Giants can pull something off like that I will jizz my pants.

Its Koji Uehara. The Rangers had plenty of hitting, and felt like Uehara and Adams would put them over the top. It didnt work out, and now they feel dumb. That kind of trade is going to be very hard to find.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its Koji Uehara. The Rangers had plenty of hitting, and felt like Uehara and Adams would put them over the top. It didnt work out, and now they feel dumb. That kind of trade is going to be very hard to find.

The Tigers are in the exact same position. I bet they make a deal. Hopefully with us.
Whats interesting about Chris Davis, ninerjohn wants to talk about how teams dont give up a lot for relievers, well.....

Chris Davis, although he was an older prospect (25 - he is 27 now) was traded for Koji Uehara and a 1B they got from the pirates for Chris David AND Tommy Hunter (whos ERA is sub-3 right now).

Chris Davis hadnt done crap really for Texas, was much older, and not a young top rated prospect when he was traded. Apples and oranges. Texas wouldnt have traded someone like, lets say Profar their top prospect, for a RP. Just like Detroit wont. You can jizz in your pants but it wont be because the Giants get a top 10-20 prospect in baseball for Sergio Romo.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Chris Davis, although he was an older prospect (25 - he is 27 now) was traded for Kenji Uehara and a 1B they got from the pirates for Chris David AND Tommy Hunter (whos ERA is sub-3 right now).

I agree that they feel stupid about making that deal. Just like the Sabean feels stupid (or should) for trading our best prospect for a rental. Most teams value their top prospects like gold because they have them cheap for several years.
Everyone shut up, Bochy is running

• IT21
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Bochy runs?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

LMAO
lol Clayton Kershaw wears number 22 because of Will Clark. This amuses me.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
I agree that Posey is the most indispensable player in baseball . Can you imagine how bad the Giants would be without him?
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I agree that Posey is the most indispensable player in baseball . Can you imagine how bad the Giants would be without him?

i can't and WON'T imagine this team without the MVP. ever!
Originally posted by boast:

Yeah I couldn't bear watching this team play like it did in 2011 especially down the stretch

Although I would still trade Posey, Lincecum, and Panda for Bryce Harper, RYan Zimmerman, and Strasburg. That one goes way back for those of you new on here.

Although I would still trade Posey, Lincecum, and Panda for Bryce Harper, RYan Zimmerman, and Strasburg. That one goes way back for those of you new on here.

Lincecum and Panda, I can deal with....but losing Posey...that's a tough one.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran

Gonna fap to that
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com