There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by pdizo916:
This idiot a's fan wrote this on facebook:

That's how the A's do it baby!!! Cespedes!!! Where were them Giants at in this?! Lol


I guess someone won the HR derby or something? He's talking about the G's winning two out of three championships is a fluke.


I know h8ters gon hate but damn, be educated......

How is winning 2/3 WS a fluke? Does this person know what fluke means?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This idiot a's fan wrote this on facebook:

That's how the A's do it baby!!! Cespedes!!! Where were them Giants at in this?! Lol


I guess someone won the HR derby or something? He's talking about the G's winning two out of three championships is a fluke.


I know h8ters gon hate but damn, be educated......

How is winning 2/3 WS a fluke? Does this person know what fluke means?

Kill him
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
How is winning 2/3 WS a fluke? Does this person know what fluke means?

thats what people in this thread make it feel like lol...........................
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Looking at the Tigers top 5 back on page 2999, although I would hold firm on no trading Romo to Tigers unless Nick Catellanos is in the trade package, if it's just Lincecum and Lopez, I would be very pleased if we could the Tigers #3 Danry Vasquez and Tigers #4 Jonathan Crawford. That would be quite a hall for two expiring contracts and it appears those two prospects would have significantly more value than a first round compensation pick in next years draft.

Just because theyre the Tigers 3/4 prospects doesnt make them valuable. If we gave up Lincecum AND Lopez, 2 guys that could help us win right now, id expect much more than that. Even if were sellers, you have to create leverage. Thats a pretty nice package that could put them over the top. You have to force them into giving up Castellanos.

Were not going to sell, and they wont give up Castellanos anyways, but in theory that would be what you aim for.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
How is winning 2/3 WS a fluke? Does this person know what fluke means?

thats what people in this thread make it feel like lol...........................

I will admit they're not doing a very good job defending their title and at times this year they're downright embarrassing but there are reasons why they won two world titles in three years and fluke is not one of them.

One title a fluke, maybe.

Two in three years, no.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
As for Davis himself suggesting 61 is the record, Votto had the best quip: "Maybe he's just being selfish, saying that if he beats the record he'll get to wear a crown or something."


yeah I don't know why Davis' comment irked me, but I'm happy that someone said something about it.

How funny would it be if he got busted for roids lol
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
As for Davis himself suggesting 61 is the record, Votto had the best quip: "Maybe he's just being selfish, saying that if he beats the record he'll get to wear a crown or something."


yeah I don't know why Davis' comment irked me, but I'm happy that someone said something about it.

How funny would it be if he got busted for roids lol

I would be very surprised but nothing shocks me anymore. Well, I guess if I heard Buster Posey was on PEDS I would be.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
As for Davis himself suggesting 61 is the record, Votto had the best quip: "Maybe he's just being selfish, saying that if he beats the record he'll get to wear a crown or something."


yeah I don't know why Davis' comment irked me, but I'm happy that someone said something about it.

How funny would it be if he got busted for roids lol

I would be very surprised but nothing shocks me anymore. Well, I guess if I heard Buster Posey was on PEDS I would be.

Yeah I'd be willing to bet money that he's not, but I'm just saying the irony would be too much.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
As for Davis himself suggesting 61 is the record, Votto had the best quip: "Maybe he's just being selfish, saying that if he beats the record he'll get to wear a crown or something."


yeah I don't know why Davis' comment irked me, but I'm happy that someone said something about it.

How funny would it be if he got busted for roids lol

I would be very surprised but nothing shocks me anymore. Well, I guess if I heard Buster Posey was on PEDS I would be.

Yeah I'd be willing to bet money that he's not, but I'm just saying the irony would be too much.

Of course its going to come up, considering he hit the AS break only 2 HR behind the pace Bonds set in 2001. But, Davis has always had mega power. The HR hitting ability isnt new, he just never had the opportunity to display it everyday until last season.

Davis doesnt have a history of injury issues, and he already had natural mammoth power. He doesnt seem like the kind of player that would benefit enough from PED's to take the risk.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Looking at the Tigers top 5 back on page 2999, although I would hold firm on no trading Romo to Tigers unless Nick Catellanos is in the trade package, if it's just Lincecum and Lopez, I would be very pleased if we could the Tigers #3 Danry Vasquez and Tigers #4 Jonathan Crawford. That would be quite a hall for two expiring contracts and it appears those two prospects would have significantly more value than a first round compensation pick in next years draft.

Just because theyre the Tigers 3/4 prospects doesnt make them valuable. If we gave up Lincecum AND Lopez, 2 guys that could help us win right now, id expect much more than that. Even if were sellers, you have to create leverage. Thats a pretty nice package that could put them over the top. You have to force them into giving up Castellanos.

Were not going to sell, and they wont give up Castellanos anyways, but in theory that would be what you aim for.

It all depends, Lincecum and Lopez are free agents after the season. Lopez won't be tendered a contract for next year. The best you can get for Lincecum, is a 1st round sandwich pick in next years draft. The pressure is on the Tigers to offer a more attractive package than a 1st round sandwich pick in 2014.

If the Tigers offered a package such as Bruce Rondon, Danry Vasquez, and Jake Thompson for two months of Tim Lincecum and Javier Lopez, this may very well be more valuable than a 1st round sandwich pick in 2014. We could always try to sign Lincecum and Lopez as a FA in the off season.

With that said I don't believe the Giants should sell until after the home stand. Then there will be 3 days to seriously listen to offers. Of course this will give the Giants 10 more games to try to turn the season around if they magically can then they shouldn't sell.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I will admit they're not doing a very good job defending their title and at times this year they're downright embarrassing but there are reasons why they won two world titles in three years and fluke is not one of them.

One title a fluke, maybe.

Two in three years, no.

I don't think there's a such thing as a fluke in baseball, basketball, and hockey. Those playoff games are played in SERIES and I always think the best team wins...esp if the series is best 4 out of 7.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I will admit they're not doing a very good job defending their title and at times this year they're downright embarrassing but there are reasons why they won two world titles in three years and fluke is not one of them.

One title a fluke, maybe.

Two in three years, no.

I don't think there's a such thing as a fluke in baseball, basketball, and hockey. Those playoff games are played in SERIES and I always think the best team wins...esp if the series is best 4 out of 7.

AND.. its certainly not a fluke if OUR team wins. Now, the Dodgers in 88 or the Diamondbacks in 01.. big flukes.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I will admit they're not doing a very good job defending their title and at times this year they're downright embarrassing but there are reasons why they won two world titles in three years and fluke is not one of them.

One title a fluke, maybe.

Two in three years, no.

I don't think there's a such thing as a fluke in baseball, basketball, and hockey. Those playoff games are played in SERIES and I always think the best team wins...esp if the series is best 4 out of 7.

AND.. its certainly not a fluke if OUR team wins. Now, the Dodgers in 88 or the Diamondbacks in 01.. big flukes.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
As for Davis himself suggesting 61 is the record, Votto had the best quip: "Maybe he's just being selfish, saying that if he beats the record he'll get to wear a crown or something."


yeah I don't know why Davis' comment irked me, but I'm happy that someone said something about it.

How funny would it be if he got busted for roids lol

I would be very surprised but nothing shocks me anymore. Well, I guess if I heard Buster Posey was on PEDS I would be.

Yeah I'd be willing to bet money that he's not, but I'm just saying the irony would be too much.

Of course its going to come up, considering he hit the AS break only 2 HR behind the pace Bonds set in 2001. But, Davis has always had mega power. The HR hitting ability isnt new, he just never had the opportunity to display it everyday until last season.

Davis doesnt have a history of injury issues, and he already had natural mammoth power. He doesnt seem like the kind of player that would benefit enough from PED's to take the risk.

Once he gets walked 200+ times in a season and still mashed 45 HR's, he can talk. Until then he can STFU.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,860
Whats interesting about Chris Davis, ninerjohn wants to talk about how teams dont give up a lot for relievers, well.....

Chris Davis, although he was an older prospect (25 - he is 27 now) was traded for Koji Uehara and a 1B they got from the pirates for Chris David AND Tommy Hunter (whos ERA is sub-3 right now).

If the Giants can pull something off like that I will jizz my pants.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM ]
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com