There are 201 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Barry... Here is 7 million to go away. Thanks for last year but its time to part ways.

Robbed us of 120 mil, then helped win a title. Lets call it even and tell him to kick rocks.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 14, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
Originally posted by endz0ne:
Send Z(ito)ero to Fre(yeah, get on the bus, Barry)sno, activate the no longer tired arm Voglesong, give Z(ito)ero's place to Gaudin, and we be good.

The Giants can just send Zito to Fresno unless he gives them the OK. He will likely go to the pen though when Vogey comes back
I would DFA Zito immediately after the Cincinnati double header. The rotation after the break will be Gaudin, Cain, Bumgarner, Lincecum, and Zito

For the double header it looks like we will be throwing out Zito and Kickham out there. The Giants PR calling this two games for the price of one but what it really is 6 hours of a homerun derby contest put on by the Reds hitters.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
I would DFA Zito immediately after the Cincinnati double header. The rotation after the break will be Gaudin, Cain, Bumgarner, Lincecum, and Zito

For the double header it looks like we will be throwing out Zito and Kickham out there. The Giants PR calling this two games for the price of one but what it really is 6 hours of a homerun derby contest put on by the Reds hitters.

that's gonna be fun
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

that's gonna be fun

Throw Zito in game 1 just so he has a shot at finally getting a "road" win.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

that's gonna be fun

Throw Zito in game 1 just so he has a shot at finally getting a "road" win.

lol!
still pumped after the no-no.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
still pumped after the no-no.

yeah buddyyy.. i wanna watch that game again
I'm still pissed off that Zito was so awful yesterday in a game that was really big for the Giants. I should be used to it by now though. When you think about it its still shocking that Zito was able to do what he did against STL and Detroit. How he beat the Cardinals on the road is one of the great mysteries of all time.

Wonder what happens if the Giants DFA him in regard to his contract. He wont be picked up on waivers but a team could still sign him for basically nothing. Would the Giants have to pay him 7M right away? I still cant believe that Sabean gave him a 7M walk away plus a complete no trade as well.
I'm still pissed off that Zito was so awful yesterday in a game that was really big for the Giants. I should be used to it by now though. When you think about it its still shocking that Zito was able to do what he did against STL and Detroit. How he beat the Cardinals on the road is one of the great mysteries of all time.

Wonder what happens if the Giants DFA him in regard to his contract. He wont be picked up on waivers but a team could still sign him for basically nothing. Would the Giants have to pay him 7M right away? I still cant believe that Sabean gave him a 7M walk away plus a complete no trade as well.

and to think (not mentioning names) but someone on here wanted us to extend him. lolz

Teh lord has fallen :(
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

and to think (not mentioning names) but someone on here wanted us to extend him. lolz

Not sure who you are talking about but obviously that person doesnt know much.

I think everyone would agree (besides garcia)

Oh, in that case I am in full agreement too.

Share 49ersWebzone