There are 198 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Dapro:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
sanchez no hitter in 2010.........win world series.
cain perfect game in 2012.......win world series.
timmy no hitter in 2013.......???????

Ain't Sanchez's in 2009?

You are correct. It looked good though

damn it. i confused his no hitter with his game against the padres at the end of the season when he hit the triple.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Heston DFA'd for Frenchy.

Frenchy=good luck charm!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Btw, Buster Posey's achievements in essentially 2.5 years:

- NL Rookie of the year
- NL MVP
- Two World Series rings
- Two All-Star appearances
- NL Comeback Player of the year
- MLB Batting title
- Silver Slugger Award
- Hank Aaron Award
- Caught a perfect game
- Caught a no-hitter

That's gotta be an unprecedented start to a career.

There is no doubt that Buster Posey has had more team/personal accomplishments than any player in MLB history over 3 years. Its staggering when you think about it.

I don't know if there's been anything like it when you combine personal/team accomplishments. And he's right there this year for another NL batting title (top 5 average) and is putting himself back in the MVP conversation. Unreal!!!

Best start to a career in MLB history. Without a doubt
HOLY GOD. I GET HOME TO FIND OUT THAT TIMMY THE FREAK PITCHED A NO-HITTER!?!? WHAT THE F IS HAPPENING!?!?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
HOLY GOD. I GET HOME TO FIND OUT THAT TIMMY THE FREAK PITCHED A NO-HITTER!?!? WHAT THE F IS HAPPENING!?!?

I have always said Timmy would never pitch a no hitter because he throws so many pitches. Well Boch let him go 148 pitches . Awesome s**t last night.

- NL Rookie of the year
- NL MVP
- Two World Series rings
- MLB Batting title
- Silver Slugger Award
- Hank Aaron Award
- Caught a perfect game
- Caught a no-hitter

Posey was such a factor in both those no-hitters. He doesnt get enough credit for his game calling ability on a national level.

Its no coincidence that Jason Varitek caught 4 no-hitters in his career, and 7 one-hitters. I have a feeling this wont be Posey's last one either.

Also on a side note, I cant stand the media looking at Posey's CS% and saying hes bad at throwing base stealers out. They completely fail to see that the Giants pitching staff is probably the worst in baseball at holding runners on, and time to the plate.
I love Belt LOL

Brandon Belt on Lincecum getting crushed in the postgame celebration: "He's got six, seven, 10 days to rest. He'll be all right."
Pence, in all seriousness, when asked jokingly if he wants Lincecum to buy him a car for making his big catch on the Alexi Amarista sinking liner: "He doesn't have to buy me anything. I was grateful to be behind him and be a part of this. I was honored just to be out there. I've never been on the defensive side of that."
Belt, upon hearing the question about Lincecum getting Pence a car: "He better buy me one of those."
Congrats to Timmy!

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Missed it yesterday smh.....glad they replaying it right now .
Originally posted by Niners99:

- NL Rookie of the year
- NL MVP
- Two World Series rings
- MLB Batting title
- Silver Slugger Award
- Hank Aaron Award
- Caught a perfect game
- Caught a no-hitter

Posey was such a factor in both those no-hitters. He doesnt get enough credit for his game calling ability on a national level.

Its no coincidence that Jason Varitek caught 4 no-hitters in his career, and 7 one-hitters. I have a feeling this wont be Posey's last one either.

Also on a side note, I cant stand the media looking at Posey's CS% and saying hes bad at throwing base stealers out. They completely fail to see that the Giants pitching staff is probably the worst in baseball at holding runners on, and time to the plate.

Posey rushes a lot of throws because he has to which makes him look a little shaky in that department....but you're right, it's because the pitching staff is abysmal at holding runners on. It seems like an organizational thing since the young pitchers coming up don't seem to be any better at it than the major leaguers.
What a difference a few days make, eh?
Ending the 1st half on a good note is crutical. After the break get down to bidness.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
I will cry when Timmy is no longer a Giant

i actually hope we re-ink Timmy to be our #3 or #4 guy. He wont be expensive and he needs to be a Giant for life.

GO Timmy!

Share 49ersWebzone