There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

I haven't posted here in awhile because I have been really hurting about the slump lately. Swept by the Dodgers and going 1-5 against them I can handle but the Mets... at home?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by boast:
how long before Boch moves #VoteTanaka to lead-off?

I dont know about Bochy but I would do it right now. This team needs a spark and he could possibly provide it from the lead off spot.

I kinda like Blanco in the leadoff spot. At least I don't think he's done anything to be demoted from that spot. He's still batting .280 with a ton of clutch hits this year, and he's starting to see the ball a little better again after his mini 2-week slump.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

I dont know about Bochy but I would do it right now. This team needs a spark and he could possibly provide it from the lead off spot.

I kinda like Blanco in the leadoff spot. At least I don't think he's done anything to be demoted from that spot. He's still batting .280 with a ton of clutch hits this year, and he's starting to see the ball a little better again after his mini 2-week slump.

this, Tanaka doesn't even know where the bathroom is at in the clubhouse yet
We're not getting him anyway. But Houston wants two top prospects for Norris.

I am not saying Blanco has been bad but this team needs a spark. I would give Tanaka a shot at the top myself.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

My issue with Blanco is that he strikes out way too much for a lead-off hitter. Pagan struck out around 13-16% of the time (depending on the year), and that's high to me for a lead-off hitter, but by comparison, Blanco (who swings like he's a clean-up hitter) strikes out around 22-26% of the time. That's Angel Villlalona territory and WAY too high for that role...IMO, Tanaka (high OBP/SB guy) is better suited to lead-off and Blanco is better off further down the lineup.

To your point, I get that Tanaka still has a lot to prove. But over time, I think Boch will have little choice but to have Tanaka lead-off.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

My issue with Blanco is that he strikes out way too much for a lead-off hitter. Pagan struck out around 13-16% of the time (depending on the year), and that's high to me for a lead-off hitter, but by comparison, Blanco (who swings like he's a clean-up hitter) strikes out around 22-26% of the time. That's Angel Villlalona territory and WAY too high for that role...IMO, Tanaka (high OBP/SB guy) is better suited to lead-off and Blanco is better off further down the lineup.

To your point, I get that Tanaka still has a lot to prove. But over time, I think Boch will have little choice but to have Tanaka lead-off.

That is a valid point with the strikeout rate, and I do agree. Tanaka reminds me of a left-handed Scutaro. Similar batting stance and approach.
so boston wants javy lopez back and sergio romo aswell, what kinda prospects they got?
Originally posted by jrg:
any of you old school giant fans remember this? they just showed this on the cardinals game

Of course. Famous catch

Of course. Amazing catch
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
so boston wants javy lopez back and sergio romo aswell, what kinda prospects they got?

Much better farm system than ours, but I can't see us getting any of their top prospects.
Much better farm system than ours, but I can't see us getting any of their top prospects.

Not enen for romo whose contract has another reasonable year left? I think we can net a nice prospect from them.

We are not obligated to make any trades with Boston if they are not willing to give up a quality prospect or two
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jul 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM ]
Nobody develops young pitching like the dodgers

-rick sutcliff baseball tonight.

:|
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

We are not obligated to make any trades with Boston if they are not willing to give up a quality prospect or two

I think Sabean should target the Tigers, help out with salary this year if need be and offer Lincecum, Lopez, and Romo for a package that is built around Nick Castellanos and maybe one or two pitching prospects in the lower minors.

I think Sabean has a better shot at prying better prospects from Detroit than he will from Boston
We had some good AB's off this dude the first time through the lineup. We'll break through.

*fingers crossed*
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com