There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
It would make ALL the sense in the world if you knew he wanted to come back and sign as a FA. Why not give him a chance to play the last couple of months for a contender, get prospects back, and then sign him back if you really want him.

lol..... How in the world could you guarantee that? seems far fetched and Im not sure if youre being serious or not.

I wouldn't take the chance, sign him to a 3-4 year deal.

I am totally serious. First of all I dont want to overpay for Hunter Pence. Yes, he had a good first two months but he isnt worthy of a huge deal. Of course you cant guarantee that he would come back and that is the risk you would have to take. Quite frankly, I would rather take that chance than overpay him with a big deal right now. If I can get a very good prospect for Pence I would do that in a heartbeat.

I'd rather get Choo, but he's going to cost a bajillion dollars.
MLBTR

"Another of many teams the Red Sox may turn
to is the Giants; Jon Paul Morosi of FOX
Sports says Boston and Detroit have checked
in with San Francisco on bullpen arms in
case they decide to sell. Morosi sees Javier
Lopez as one potential trade candidate, with
the Giants having lost four in a row to drop to
6.5 games out."
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
I know this is getting worn out but 6.5 games out at this point is not impossible to recover from.

We have been the worst team in baseball the past few weeks but I mean, we are the world champs, they absolutely have the ability to turn things around, players just need to start playing together as a team and start playing clean baseball.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM ]
I know this is getting worn out but 6.5 games out at this point is not impossible to recover from.

We have been the worst team in baseball the past few weeks but I mean, we are the world champs, they absolutely have the ability to turn things around, players just need to start playing together as a team and start playing clean baseball.

Sure, but I can't say I think this is going to happen. They haven't had a sign of life in a month.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Sure, but I can't say I think this is going to happen. They haven't had a sign of life in a month.

This. Of course it isnt impossible but I would say it is HIGHLY unlikely. LA is just so much better all around.. hitting and pitching. The Giants are EIGHTEEN games under .500 since their high water mark, have a worse record than the Chicgo Fricking Cubs, have a 100 million dollar pitcher that can go an inning against the Mets, and other than Buster Posey have no one that can consistently hit. Not to mention that they have a worse record on the road than the Houston Astros.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

At some point things will turn around.... I mean I don't think its unfair to say that this team has too much talent to play like this the rest of the way.

Impossibility and improbability are two very different things. It's definitely not impossible for this team to turn things around, but things would have to change DRASTICALLY ACROSS THE BOARD (offense, defense, starting pitching, relief pitching, base-running, rookies/replacements stepping up) for us, AND all the teams ahead of us would have to drop off too.

That, seems improbable to me.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Impossibility and improbability are two very different things. It's definitely not impossible for this team to turn things around, but things would have to change DRASTICALLY ACROSS THE BOARD (offense, defense, starting pitching, relief pitching, base-running, rookies/replacements stepping up) for us, AND all the teams ahead of us would have to drop off too.

the bums turned it around. we can too.
Originally posted by boast:

They have way more talent than us across the board and MUCH deeper pockets to add to that talent if/when needed. Apples and oranges.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM ]

At some point things will turn around.... I mean I don't think its unfair to say that this team has too much talent to play like this the rest of the way.

Really? Lincecum has been crap for 2 years now, Vogey is hurt and was awful when he was pitching, and they have several guys on this roster who shouldnt even be on a major league team. Lets be real here. They dont have a great roster. They have major holes in 2 OF spots, 2-3 SP spots, and just a god awful bench.

I am a huge Giants fan but I think I am being realistic when I say that this team just isnt any good.

This. Of course it isnt impossible but I would say it is HIGHLY unlikely. LA is just so much better all around.. hitting and pitching. The Giants are EIGHTEEN games under .500 since their high water mark, have a worse record than the Chicgo Fricking Cubs, have a 100 million dollar pitcher that can go an inning against the Mets, and other than Buster Posey have no one that can consistently hit. Not to mention that they have a worse record on the road than the Houston Astros.

i agree, 6 1/2 is not a lot but we 10 games under and haven't shown any sign we are going to get better.
on twitter, Romo is happy that all the bandwagon fans are jumping off
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Btw, I agree with that. The true measure of a fan is to stick with their team through the good and the bad. Now, sticking with your team doesn't mean you can't be honest about their situation (which is pretty bleak). But I'll keep watching and keep supporting them, unlike some who basically admit that they're going to stop watching.
Originally posted by boast:

They have way more talent than us across the board and MUCH deeper pockets to adding to that talent if/when needed. Apples and oranges.

Exactly. Look at their starting rotation. Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, and even Nolasco. LOTS of money spent and stronger by far than the Giants. Then with Gonzo, Hanley, Kemp, Puig.... the Giants cant compare. Finally, the Giants dont have a Puig to come up from their minors to spark the team.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Btw, I agree with that. The true measure of a fan is to stick with their team through the good and the bad. Now, sticking with your team doesn't mean you can't be honest about their situation (which is pretty bleak). But I'll keep watching and keep supporting them, unlike some who basically admit that they're going to stop watching.

Same here. I might turn off a game for a few innings but I will keep watching and hoping.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com