There are 164 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
lol muh bad doot.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Just saw Panda's HR. Damn that was crazy. Not sure how that got out.

Since the Pads moved the fences in this year, they have given up like 50+ HRs and only hit I believe around 30.

Careful what you wish for.
is the groper really pitching today?
BLAST FROM THE PAST

Orioles acquired RHP Tim Alderson from the Pirates in exchange for 1B/OF Russ Canzler.

A former top prospect, Alderson has moved to a relief role full-time this season and has fared well, posting a 2.43 ERA and 55/12 K/BB ratio over 55 2/3 frames between Double- and Triple-A. He's been assigned to Triple-A Norfolk.

Landed us Freddy Sanchez back in 2009. He finished that year in the minors with a 3.93 ERA, 1.28 WHIP and 5.5 K/9IP

He struggled as a starter since and is indeed doing much better as a reliever this season
Originally posted by vrabbit:
BLAST FROM THE PAST

Orioles acquired RHP Tim Alderson from the Pirates in exchange for 1B/OF Russ Canzler.

A former top prospect, Alderson has moved to a relief role full-time this season and has fared well, posting a 2.43 ERA and 55/12 K/BB ratio over 55 2/3 frames between Double- and Triple-A. He's been assigned to Triple-A Norfolk.

Landed us Freddy Sanchez back in 2009. He finished that year in the minors with a 3.93 ERA, 1.28 WHIP and 5.5 K/9IP

He struggled as a starter since and is indeed doing much better as a reliever this season

Traded for Freddy Sanchez who helped us win the world series in 2010, will make that trade every damn time.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
any of you old school giant fans remember this? they just showed this on the cardinals game

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
any of you old school giant fans remember this? they just showed this on the cardinals game

Yes I saw it Live. I remember Kevin Mitchell hit something like 4 HR's in 5 days to start the season.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

yep.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
incredible catch
I'll never forget that catch.

Of course. Famous catch
The cat-killer* could do almost no wrong that year.

* yes, I know it's not known if he really did use a knife to lop of the head of his gf's cat
Gregor Blanco CF, Marco Scutaro 2B, Buster Posey C, Pablo Sandoval 3B, Hunter Pence RF, Brandon Belt 1B, Kensuke Tanaka LF, Brandon Crawford SS, (Chad Gaudin P)
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
how long before Boch moves #VoteTanaka to lead-off?
Originally posted by boast:
how long before Boch moves #VoteTanaka to lead-off?

I dont know about Bochy but I would do it right now. This team needs a spark and he could possibly provide it from the lead off spot.
Share 49ersWebzone