There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Thank god I was out of town for this series... I'm close to giving up on the season.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Bumgarner and Posey are untouchable like John says.

Everyone else is for sale. We need prospects.

I agree as long as the ownership is committed to a $120-130M payroll, in theory it shouldn't take long to have a competitive team again. In the meantime they should get all the prospects they could get, tank to get a top 10 draft choice, increase in international spending money for next year, in the offseason, reload through FA and trades where teams are looking to dump salary, as long as the length isn't beyond a couple years.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Bumgarner and Posey are untouchable like John says.

Everyone else is for sale. We need prospects.

I wouldnt trade Cain quite yet
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
I agree as long as the ownership is committed to a $120-130M payroll, in theory it shouldn't take long to have a competitive team again. In the meantime they should get all the prospects they could get, tank to get a top 10 draft choice, increase in international spending money for next year, in the offseason, reload through FA and trades where teams are looking to dump salary, as long as the length isn't beyond a couple years.

I'm leaning towards wanting a top 10 pick badly. We keep reaching for players in the mid 20's and it's not paying off.
Originally posted by AC49er:
I wouldnt trade Cain quite yet

i would trade him....but his salary, doe......
I'm throwing in the towel. I've seen enough
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AC49er:
I wouldnt trade Cain quite yet

i would trade him....but his salary, doe......

If I was calling the shots on this one, I would shut down Cain for the rest of the season. I think the wear and tear of all those innings pitched in previous seasons including going deep in two playoff runs is catching up to him. I would like see both Cain and Bumgarner get shut down sooner rather than later so they will be very well rested and ready to go for the 2014 season.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,855
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
If I was calling the shots on this one, I would shut down Cain for the rest of the season. I think the wear and tear of all those innings pitched in previous seasons including going deep in two playoff runs is catching up to him. I would like see both Cain and Bumgarner get shut down sooner rather than later so they will be very well rested and ready to go for the 2014 season.

cain is not getting paid 100+ mill to ride the bench, the fans need something to look forward to.
Originally posted by Garcia:
cain is not getting paid 100+ mill to ride the bench, the fans need something to look forward to.

Might as well shut him down they don't look forward to seeing him pitch 3 innings every 2 starts either
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,855
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Might as well shut him down they don't look forward to seeing him pitch 3 innings every 2 starts either

shut down posey, cain, bumgarner, pence and romo... throw in scut as well.
Ell oh f**king el. f**k yourselves. So gay
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Might as well shut him down they don't look forward to seeing him pitch 3 innings every 2 starts either

shut down posey, cain, bumgarner, pence and romo... throw in scut as well.

Gayer than rupaul
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AC49er:
I wouldnt trade Cain quite yet

i would trade him....but his salary, doe......

If I was calling the shots on this one, I would shut down Cain for the rest of the season. I think the wear and tear of all those innings pitched in previous seasons including going deep in two playoff runs is catching up to him. I would like see both Cain and Bumgarner get shut down sooner rather than later so they will be very well rested and ready to go for the 2014 season.



You cant just shut Cain down for the season because he's pitching poorly. Fatigue probably has something to do with it, but pitchers used to throw 300 innings every year, and Cain is built to last. Cain would definitely not be on board with that strategy, and the neither would the players union. The AS break, and possibly skipping 1 start would be all the rest he needed.

Also, shutting Bumgarner down early is a ridiculous idea. Hes having a great year. Since when do teams who start to fade just shut down their good SP to give them rest...

If this season continues this way, you just play it out like normal, and the whole staff will have all of October to get extra rest.
Let him ride it out. He needs to find his release point again. Cainer will be back.

We should be sellers though, not buyers. I think someone like Pence will get some decent prospects back.
Poor Pence. Can never find a good home. Hope he lands somewhere scooter-friendly.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com