There are 200 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
on twitter, Romo is happy that all the bandwagon fans are jumping off

Btw, I agree with that. The true measure of a fan is to stick with their team through the good and the bad. Now, sticking with your team doesn't mean you can't be honest about their situation (which is pretty bleak). But I'll keep watching and keep supporting them, unlike some who basically admit that they're going to stop watching.

i may have said i was but i couldn't. twas an impulsive post. MLB.tv streams in three rooms of my place. i gotta watch these train wreck games.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Btw, I agree with that. The true measure of a fan is to stick with their team through the good and the bad. Now, sticking with your team doesn't mean you can't be honest about their situation (which is pretty bleak). But I'll keep watching and keep supporting them, unlike some who basically admit that they're going to stop watching.

Same here. I might turn off a game for a few innings but I will keep watching and hoping.

agreed with both.

Romo was responding to a fan that tweeted him saying that they can't wait to trade Romo out of SF because he's got a bad attitude towards the media, not at all thankful for all the hardwork he's done for us.

Same here. I might turn off a game for a few innings but I will keep watching and hoping.

yep, guilty of that too
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
the games start out hopeful and by the 5th is when shyt falls apart

fvck that #votepence shyt!

nobody really deserves to be at the All Star game from this team
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Garcia:
I know this is getting worn out but 6.5 games out at this point is not impossible to recover from.

We have been the worst team in baseball the past few weeks but I mean, we are the world champs, they absolutely have the ability to turn things around, players just need to start playing together as a team and start playing clean baseball.

Impossibility and improbability are two very different things. It's definitely not impossible for this team to turn things around, but things would have to change DRASTICALLY ACROSS THE BOARD (offense, defense, starting pitching, relief pitching, base-running, rookies/replacements stepping up) for us, AND all the teams ahead of us would have to drop off too.

That, seems improbable to me.

the bums turned it around. we can too.

They have way more talent than us across the board and MUCH deeper pockets to add to that talent if/when needed. Apples and oranges.

Exactly. Look at their starting rotation. Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, and even Nolasco. LOTS of money spent and stronger by far than the Giants. Then with Gonzo, Hanley, Kemp, Puig.... the Giants cant compare. Finally, the Giants dont have a Puig to come up from their minors to spark the team.

Btw, if we just start playing better baseball, we could definitely stop the bleeding a little. Problem is, we don't have enough guys having great years (like we did in 2010/2012) to overcome this deficit and leap over the more talented/deeper teams ahead of us.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM ]
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

yeah I get my daily texts to Vote for Pence

yeah f**king right
Originally posted by vrabbit:

yep, guilty of that too

I've gone through some dark times with this team over the last 5+ decades....I feel like I can handle a few bad months of baseball in 2013, especially after what they did for me as a fan in 2010/2012.

I know it sounds horrible, but I put those world series wins just below the birth of my children as the happiest days of my life. No joke!!!
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM ]
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

yeah f**king right

it's all over t**tter..lol
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

yep, guilty of that too

I've gone through some dark times with this team over the last 5+ decades....I feel like I can handle a few bad months of baseball in 2013, especially after what they did for me as a fan in 2010/2012.

damn. wasn't aware you're OTB.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

yeah f**king right

it's all over t**tter..lol

i tweet that s**t cause f**k Puig!

yep, guilty of that too

damn. wasn't aware you're OTB.

Off-track better?
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
i tweet that s**t cause f**k Puig!

the puig one is just SMH he shouldn't even be in the convo! he's only been up in the majors for a month

fvck the All Star votes shyt is wack

You dont think Buster Posey deserves to be an All Star?

You dont think Buster Posey deserves to be an All Star?

Bummy deserves to be an All-Star as well. Same with Scutaro. He's still batting over .300 with a f**ked up finger and bad back.
http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2013/7/11/4515136/mlb-trading-deadline-giants-sellers-self-immolation

Note that even though Gaudin creeps me the hell out now, he still might have a little value to a team looking for a swingman. He hasn't even groped anyone for seven months now, so he's probably cured*

Share 49ersWebzone