There are 198 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yep. That he was. Maybe the Giants should convert Belt. LOL He is hitting like a pitcher right now.

He was on the upswing before yesterday. He dropped 8 points on his BA.....

doesn't mean he should be put in the three hole...

Is it just me, or has Bruce Bochy been REALLY out of it this year? Hes made so many weird, mental mistakes. Very questionable moves going to Kontos over and over in close games late, the Posey defensive replacement, putting Torres in RF and removing Pence last night, screwing up the lineup card (Righetti tried to blame some clubhouse scoreboard sign displaying the lineup to cover for Bochy's mistake), etc. He must be tired, stressed, or something. I think hes made more dumb moves already this year than he did the last 2 years combined.

Yep. I dont think there is any question that he has made more questionable moves this year. I have always defended Bochy when some wanted to fire him ( because he isnt a Sabermetrics guy!) or bash him. I still think he is a damn good manager but it hasnt been his best year.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Yep. I dont think there is any question that he has made more questionable moves this year. I have always defended Bochy when some wanted to fire him ( because he isnt a Sabermetrics guy!) or bash him. I still think he is a damn good manager but it hasnt been his best year.

Players have to play the game. Bochy can only do so much. He can't control 4 guys going 3-98 at the same time or whatever the number was.

He can't control Lincecum, Cain, Zito and Vogey's inconsistant performances.

It's not his fault, you guys are talking about a few isolated incidents.
it's gotten to the point where seeing Kontos in the game is like seeing Kwame in a game, you just knew it was a matter of time until he f**ked up ....
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
it's gotten to the point where seeing Kontos in the game is like seeing Kwame in a game, you just knew it was a matter of time until he f**ked up ....

he pitched well last night.

Players have to play the game. Bochy can only do so much. He can't control 4 guys going 3-98 at the same time or whatever the number was.

We didnt say that the season was his fault did we. Simply that he has made a few blunders this year that we are not accustomed to him making. Obviously, its the players not performing. Of course putting Belt in the 3rd spot was stupid. Anyone knows that.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
We didnt say that the season was his fault did we. Simply that he has made a few blunders this year that we are not accustomed to him making. Obviously, its the players not performing. Of course putting Belt in the 3rd spot was stupid. Anyone knows that.

Bochy has always made some questionable decisions. He's not perfect. They are just magnified now that we are losing.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM ]

I think his hand was forced, everyone else in the lineup has been atrociously bad and he had to try and find a spark. It just didn't work out the way he obviously wanted it to.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I think his hand was forced, everyone else in the lineup has been atrociously bad and he had to try and find a spark. It just didn't work out the way he obviously wanted it to.

I would just leave my best hitter 3rd. That is Posey. I want him hitting in the first inning and getting up as much as possible. If fat boy could hit his weight he should bat 4th , Pence 5th, Belt 6th. I get what you are saying but I still think it made little sense.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Per Hank Shulman Tweet

#sfgiants have purchased Kensuke Tanaka'z contract. He's been playing left field in Fresno as well as 2B.

Cole Gillespie = DFA'd
Sanchez = DL
Kickham = Recalled
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM ]
As long as Tanaka stays in the OF he should be relatively effective...great speed and a nearly .400 OBP.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
doesn't mean he should be put in the three hole...

I suggested Belt be put in the three hole a LONG time ago. Because I feel outside of Posey/Scut he has a great eye and one of the better approaches on the team. He can take walks. He will get on base for Posey to knock him in. Not to mention he is a good fastball hitter and he will get better pitches to hit being protected by the MVP.

I know last night was historically bad for Belt but I don't think because he had one bad game that the experiment should be done away with. He had some great ABs vs. Harvey and I think that had something to do with Posey hitting that HR. I believe Belt had a 7-8 pitch AB before Posey's HR.

In my opinion Buster Posey should be the #3 hitter. Period. Until Belt shows he can be a more productive hitter in clutch situations he should hit 6th at the highest. No way he is a #3 hitter.

Ive never understood why Posey was always at cleanup. Hes a perfect 3 hitter.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
As long as Tanaka stays in the OF he should be relatively effective...great speed and a nearly .400 OBP.

Isn't he a total butcher though? Or is that only at 2B?

Yah, he's brutal as an infielder but ok as an OF. He's got a knack for getting on base and that's a much needed skill right now.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

dude is a 10+ year japan ball vet. mostly at 2B but 3+ in the outfield and 1 total in LF

Wasnt he in Major League 2?
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM ]
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com