Romo doing the Hanley
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Aw s**t
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Nolasco to the damn dodgers

Not worth giving up 3 prospects for a rental.

Only one is a top 20 Dodger prospect . #8. They really didnt give up much at all. BUT.. they did have to pick up all of Nolasco's contract

I dont think the Dodgers give a flying poo-poo about anyone's contract or how much it is. A 5 year old could succeed as Dodgers gm.
A win!
FROM MLBTR

"Not so long ago, the Giants looked like a
contender that might look to shore up some
holes before the trade deadline. Now, Henry
Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle
says ( on Sulia ), the team is playing its way
into becoming an obvious seller. He argues
that, unless the team can manage at least
a .500 mark on its current homestand, it
should consider dealing Hunter Pence, Javier
Lopez , and possibly Tim Lincecum"
lopez

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Hunter :(
I just can't see us being sellers... There are still 77 games left to be played and we're only 5 games out. Blanco and Pablo looked good today, and it's only a matter of time before Pence gets going again. Gaudin is back and I believe this time off for Vogelsong to rest his arm will be extremely beneficial.

Call me an optimist, but this same team won the W/S last year and we're still more than in it.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I just can't see us being sellers... There are still 77 games left to be played and we're only 5 games out. Blanco and Pablo looked good today, and it's only a matter of time before Pence gets going again. Gaudin is back and I believe this time off for Vogelsong to rest his arm will be extremely beneficial.

Call me an optimist, but this same team won the W/S last year and we're still more than in it.

Casilla returning too.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Agreed. Highly doubt that the Giants are sellers unless someone wants Lincecum or willing to overpay for Lopez or Pence. I just dont think they will be buyers either unless they start playing well and showing that they actually can contend for the NL West.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
we better not trade pence.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Well it depends what we get back. If some one is offering a high end outfield prospect, you have to consider it. If a team is just offering B level prospects, then the Giants should hold onto him, see if a reasonable contract extension can be worked out and possibly get a 1st sandwich pick if he leaves as a FA.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by Garcia:

Well it depends what we get back. If some one is offering a high end outfield prospect, you have to consider it. If a team is just offering B level prospects, then the Giants should hold onto him, see if a reasonable contract extension can be worked out and possibly get a 1st sandwich pick if he leaves as a FA.

Pence will be good for the next 3-4 years. He stays in tip top condition, doesnt get hurt and will hit/run for 20HR/20SB and prob around .270-.300... we better get a lot or I will be incredibly pissed. No reason to trade him when we dont have anyone to fill his position.
So let's say if TB were to offer Will Myers for Hunter Pence, you would rip the front office for trading Hunter Pence?

Think of it this way if there is a GM that would give up a talent like Zach Wheeler for a rental OF like some GM did in 2011, you got to pull the trigger and the Giants would have the entire off season to figure out the OF situation for 2014 and beyond.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com