2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

No heart, no passion, no fire.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Tank for Reggie
Thank god football season almost here
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
"According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Dodgers and Giants have made the Marlins trade offers to acquire Ricky Nolasco.

The Dodgers are reportedly offering a pitching prospect, and are willing to take on the entire $5.7 million remaining on Nolasco's salary. The Giants are said to be offering a pair of pitching prospects, but aren't as willing to eat Nolasco's salary. With two offers already in hand, and other teams rumored to be interested in acquiring Nolasco, the Marlins should wind up with a nice package in return for the right-hander."

"a pair of pitching prospects". Please not again...This makes me cringe. We only have about 3-4 pitching prospects worth anything, and to lose TWO of them for Ricky freakin Nolasco would be a disaster. Hes a rental! It would be Sidney Ponson all over again.

Hopefully LA beats us out.

Nolasco is overrated and not worth giving up 1 very good prospect - let alone 2. I really fear what Sabean will do when he is panic mode.

The Giants are just NOT a good team. Period. End of story. Adding Ricky Nolasco isnt going to change that.

I agree with you giving up prospects for rentals this year would be stupid.

I wouldn't be opposed trading second or third tier prospects for players under control beyond this season
"According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Dodgers and Giants have made the Marlins trade offers to acquire Ricky Nolasco.

The Dodgers are reportedly offering a pitching prospect, and are willing to take on the entire $5.7 million remaining on Nolasco's salary. The Giants are said to be offering a pair of pitching prospects, but aren't as willing to eat Nolasco's salary. With two offers already in hand, and other teams rumored to be interested in acquiring Nolasco, the Marlins should wind up with a nice package in return for the right-hander."

"a pair of pitching prospects". Please not again...This makes me cringe. We only have about 3-4 pitching prospects worth anything, and to lose TWO of them for Ricky freakin Nolasco would be a disaster. Hes a rental! It would be Sidney Ponson all over again.

Nolasco is overrated and not worth giving up 1 very good prospect - let alone 2. I really fear what Sabean will do when he is panic mode.

The Giants are just NOT a good team. Period. End of story. Adding Ricky Nolasco isnt going to change that.

If I were the giants I would pull out of that ASAP after tonight, this team is done and not a single trade is going to help, it's time to sell
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

I agree with you giving up prospects for rentals this year would be stupid.

I wouldn't be opposed trading second or third tier prospects for players under control beyond this season

Yes. Which is why I have been all over trading for Bud Norris. But Nolasco? No f**king thanks
Yes. Which is why I have been all over trading for Bud Norris. But Nolasco? No f**king thanks

I recall you being a fan of acquiring Nolasco when I first brought up trading for Gallardo.
[ Edited by SFrush on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM ]
are we really getting our asses kicked by juan uribe?!?
Originally posted by SFrush:

I recall you being a fan of acquiring Nolasco when I first brought up trading for Gallardo.

The guy I have been all over getting from the beginning has been Bud Norris. Locked up with a great contract and a good pitcher. I was OK with the Giants getting Nolasco if they didnt have to give up much but I never said I would give up a top guy for him. I was never drooling about Gallardo like you were because he would cost too much.
The guy I have been all over getting from the beginning has been Bud Norris. Locked up with a great contract and a good pitcher. I was OK with the Giants getting Nolasco if they didnt have to give up much but I never said I would give up a top guy for him. I was never drooling about Gallardo like you were because he would cost too much.

Which is why he'll cost a lot as well.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
He made it sound like a certainty

that would be a good trade. nolasco would be a great fill in for vogey.

I looked at Nolasco's salary and career stats and my verdict is if the Giants could get Nolasco in a salary dump style trade, they should pull the trigger but shouldn't give up significant prospects.

Nolasco makes 11.5M this year and then is a FA

Career ERA around 4.5 this year so far 3.98 ERA

With that said I think there is a good shot at prying him from the Marlins by just taking the salary and a marginal prospect or two.

I agree with not giving up any significant prospects for Nolasco. The guy is the ultimate underachiever. I would think the Marlins would LOVE to dump that salary right now.

Post I made on May 23rd regarding Ricky Nolasco.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM ]
囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for robniner.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

If I were the giants I would pull out of that ASAP after tonight, this team is done and not a single trade is going to help, it's time to sell

Who would you make available if you guys decide to sell?
Originally posted by SFrush:

Which is why he'll cost a lot as well.
Bud Norris would not cost as much to get as Gallardo most likely but he would be a much better addition. Your guy Gallardo has been awful this year.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com