incase you haven't noticed... our entire team sucks
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Affeldt is untouchable, we need him bad in our Pen

no we don't he f**king sucks

In terms of Lefty relievers out of the bullpen, in the offseason you got the FA and trade market where a team may be look to shed a salary. If a team is willing to assume the 2/12M deal for Affeldt and is offering a decent prospect, you have to consider trading him. I think you could get a similar player like Affeldt in the off season for 2014.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jul 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM ]

thanks Garce I don't know what I'd do without your analysis of the Giants

LOL
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Our entire team is under performing.
Affeldt is a great reliever, just like the rest of the guys he is not playing well.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

In terms of Lefty relievers out of the bullpen, in the offseason you got the FA and trade market where a team may be look to shed a salary. If a team is willing to assume the 2/12M deal for Affeldt and is offering a decent prospect, you have to consider trading him. I think you could get a similar player like Affeldt in the off season for 2014.

Affeldt has been terrible, hes old, and hes getting a ridiculous amount of money for a non setup/non closer RP. Nobody is going to offer anything good for him. Were better off riding out his slump and keeping a veteran arm in the pen. Were stuck with our offseason contract guys. Scutaro, Pagan, and Affeldt all got too many years for too much $. All 3 wont be moveable imo.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
"According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Dodgers and Giants have made the Marlins trade offers to acquire Ricky Nolasco.

The Dodgers are reportedly offering a pitching prospect, and are willing to take on the entire $5.7 million remaining on Nolasco's salary. The Giants are said to be offering a pair of pitching prospects, but aren't as willing to eat Nolasco's salary. With two offers already in hand, and other teams rumored to be interested in acquiring Nolasco, the Marlins should wind up with a nice package in return for the right-hander."

"a pair of pitching prospects". Please not again...This makes me cringe. We only have about 3-4 pitching prospects worth anything, and to lose TWO of them for Ricky freakin Nolasco would be a disaster. Hes a rental! It would be Sidney Ponson all over again.

Hopefully LA beats us out.

Nolasco is overrated and not worth giving up 1 very good prospect - let alone 2. I really fear what Sabean will do when he is panic mode.

The Giants are just NOT a good team. Period. End of story. Adding Ricky Nolasco isnt going to change that.

If I were the giants I would pull out of that ASAP after tonight, this team is done and not a single trade is going to help, it's time to sell

Who would you make available if you guys decide to sell?

Seriously doubt the Giants will be sellers. They may not be buyers but they wont be sellers either

really we cant absorb 5.7 million!? the dodgers will beat us in everything that involves signing fa, signing international prospects and absorbing contracts, its just amazing how this team cant take at least 5.7 million for the remainder of the yr. cant wait to see how ownership uses money once lincecum and zito are gone or if they use it at all
Originally posted by Niners99:
Affeldt has been terrible, hes old, and hes getting a ridiculous amount of money for a non setup/non closer RP. Nobody is going to offer anything good for him. Were better off riding out his slump and keeping a veteran arm in the pen. Were stuck with our offseason contract guys. Scutaro, Pagan, and Affeldt all got too many years for too much $. All 3 wont be moveable imo.

Maybe with Affeldt, and Scutaro I should have rephrased it as if some team would like to take those contracts off our hands and give us a marginal prospect or two we should pull the trigger. How does that sound?

Pagan won't be tradable regardless because he is out for the season
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jul 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
really we cant absorb 5.7 million!? the dodgers will beat us in everything that involves signing fa, signing international prospects and absorbing contracts, its just amazing how this team cant take at least 5.7 million for the remainder of the yr. cant wait to see how ownership uses money once lincecum and zito are gone or if they use it at all

At this point, they shouldn't even take the salary and give up a marginal prospect or two given where they are in the standing. Back in May when the Giants were above .500 I would have been in favor of taking Nolasco as a salary dump trade with only trading a marginal prospect or two. Now I wouldn't even do that!

Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

At this point, they shouldn't even take the salary and give up a marginal prospect or two given where they are in the standing. Back in May when the Giants were above .500 I would have been in favor of taking Nolasco as a salary dump trade with only trading a marginal prospect or two. Now I wouldn't even do that!

I really don't care if we get nolasco or not its just the fact theyre hesitant to take on 5.7 million, so much money this organization makes and theyre hesitant to take a half yrs left in salary smfh.
Scut made the team
Posey, Bumgarner, Scutaro are the Giants All-Stars.

Pence and Romo left off.
Wow, Puig is on the final ballot.

Everyone knows hes going to win because of popularity. You shouldnt be able to make an all-star team based on 1 month of play. Someone deserving is going to lose out because of him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Posey may start now
Share 49ersWebzone